No USGP this year? Austin health official says "no" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No USGP this year? Austin health official says "no"

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, May 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    June 1 and the new surge has begun.....

MotoGP went back on calendar too, but...…...

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I really don't see any air travel allowed in at this point...

Anyone seen signs for new flight dates?
    US has isolated itself, too little too late, but there it is.....

Boomhauer and Nembo1777 like this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #28 Nembo1777, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Air travel to and from the US will reopen of course -the US tourism industry needs the billions in income from International guests again asap- but when is the question. I would guess in the fall. Europe is not sure when it will reopen borders to non EU/Schengen visitors either. Here in the old world they are encouraging us to stay in our own country for our summer holidays...that's ok I have two passports;-) Of course F1 could arrange for everyone to come in on specially allowed charter flights as may be the case for the Austrian GP X2 just officially allowed by the govt there. The freight always flies on dedicated jumbo cargo jets anyway.

I have cars to try for articles in Phoenix and others things to do in SoCal but until transatlantic travel is allowed again I just have to wait...thank God I am not as impatient as I used to be or I'd go nuts!:confused: Would love to see the GP at Austin one day and drive that circuit, the high speed esses are incredible, so happy that the US has a proper GP circuit now after all the horrible street races here and there and the Indy infield which I found unworthy.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Why would you put a race in a **** hole like that?

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    At the rate this is spreading in Brazil, I won't be surprised to see it mutate with their urban bat populations that already carry novel alphacoronavirus (CDC reported this in 2013) and then it gets worse for a second wave. Spanish Flu was far worse in its second wave when it mutated to a more lethal form. Brazil GP won't be happening for a while along with international tourism.

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Brazil is in major trouble and with a dangerous lunatic at the helm...

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I don’t think international air travel into the US is restricted anymore. There are special processing procedures at special “gateway” airports, but I think flights are coming in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #33 Nembo1777, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    It is still very much restricted.

Only US citizens and legal residents may fly from Europe to the US now and likewise the other way, only European citizens and legal residents may fly here. Several American friends of ours have second homes here in Burgundy (France) and cannot fly over from the US yet, then when the border reopens for them they will have to quarantine 2 weeks in their homes. The EU and the US will most likely agree for synchronized border reopenings but when is the question. Neither the US state department nor the French interior ministry websites give any clue as to when the restrictions will be lifted, it all depends on the virus numbers getting low enough that they feel it is safe to lift them, I hope within a month, early July...

Brazil for example will have a much longer travel restriction considering they are maybe not even at their peak and their president is awol calling it a little flu. Likewise other south American countries also quite affected.

Borders within Europe are only now beginning to open. The border from France to Switzerland for example reopens June 15.

Boomhauer and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks. I didn’t know that.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed