New 458 Owner :) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New 458 Owner :)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by v35, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Doc, I can’t agree with you more. My Celeste Blue/dark blue 1973 Dino 246 GTS has all of the greatest memories of Ferrari (?) ownership in my mind. Not fast, handled unbelievably, had two separate ignitions systems (why), designed by a genius and the precursor to all mid-engined Ferrari road cars from then on. I have owned a bunch of Ferrari’s and never did I consider the mileage on that Dino. Why do we do that on contemporary Ferrari’s? I loved that Dino!!!!

v35 likes this.
  2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I believe this save the "garage queen" started when Ferrari Dealers started having a second business when they began selling low mileage cars 6mo -1 yr old for large profits benefiting an established Client & the Dealership.

DefunctNeurons, v35 and michaelo like this.
  3. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Continuing on with documenting my personalization of my 458, I had a set of custom made BBS e88 racing wheels mounted with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, which I believe is the ultimate street/race combination. Before I bought my 458, I had always followed Carlo's build thread (458trofeo) in hopes of building myself a 458 with my own personal details on it.

Attached Files:

Baitschev, ryalex and Graz like this.
  4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Michelo when did you sell your Dino? I sold my 72 in 84 as I was playing Importer of a new 84 512BBi. Lots of memories with that event, but nothing comparing to those of the Dino. Those sure were the days.

5. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Well, I bought a 72 246GT in Rosso Rubino/tan that was destroyed in a parking lot with a hit and run. I tried to get it repaired and that took a year.
    It was never the same. I traded it in on the Celeste Blue 73 246 GTS with flares and chairs and I kept that for 3 years, traded it in on a Porsche 911 SC Cabriolet, Silver/Black and within two days I realized I had made an awful mistake! While the Porsche was wonderful in every way, I realized that it didn't push the buttons that I got used to a car pushing and went right back to the Porsche dealer, ended up taking a $7,000 hit to get my car back and as I was driving the Dino home I actually cried tears of joy that I had her back. While owning the Dino, I went to the 1976 LA Auto show and saw the brand new 308 GTB, rendered in fiberglass and ordered one right away. It took awhile to get the car. The dealer had a buyer for my Dino and I got into the 308. I really liked the new Ferrari. Even though it lacked about 15% of the Dino's outright beauty, in my opinion, the mechanical and electrical improvements in so many areas on the 308 made me happy with my choice. However, I did miss the look of the Dino. I bought another 246 GTS a couple of years later. It was a 1974, Red/Tan, Daytona Seats
    and I was glad I didn't get rid of the 308. This Dino was beautiful to look at but it was a mechanical mess. It broke down on the way home. I eventually found a buyer, and with full disclosure of the issues, the gentlemen took the Dino off my hands. I have nothing but fond memories of those beautiful Dino's, but pain is something that our memory thankfully discards, so despite the shoddy engineering I have nothing but love for that little jewel.

6. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Congrats! I got mine 2 mo ago, you will absolutely love her! Make sure you really drive her though, this way to really see what Ferrari and a 458 is all about! ;)

v35 likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    F485, ryalex, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  8. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Great Stories. Enjoyed the read. My 246 never let me down.Before the 84 Boxer I purchased in 77 a new 77 Fly Yellow 308 GTB from Cressman Motor cars. I sold both the 308 & the Dino a few Mo. before importing the 84 BBi. Like you said the 308 was a well sorted car at the time.

9. hardhattg

hardhattg Karting

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    timothy gould
    Congrats ! If your experience is anything like mine has been for last 18 months you will love it and you know I love that color combination

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Sargepug, AlfistaPortoghese and v35 like this.
  10. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Got mine last week and I couldn’t be more pleased. Congrats on your new ride. This is a fantastic Ferrari. They hit a home run with this model!

11. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Beautiful car. Any reason you didn't go with the Novitec spacers?

12. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Purely cost. I felt the exotic car gear equipment did more than a sufficient job and at a much lower price point.

13. hardhattg

hardhattg Karting

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    timothy gould
    Looks amazing !

14. Borrow’d Mine

Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida

15. Borrow’d Mine

Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Looks like about 1.25 inch lower. Close?

16. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider

17. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Beautiful car and enjoy in good health. As a new owner myself I can't tell you how amazing it is

18. Blayne

Blayne Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Blayne Hutchins
    Love the seats! Can you tell me the model of the Bovee unit you purchased? I have a 2013 and would love to get something like this.

19. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Blayne likes this.
  20. Borrow’d Mine

Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
  21. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Rather than having to reach over to the glove box and unplug it and plug it, just turn the bluetooth off on your phone and then turn back on and reconnect to Bovee.

F485 likes this.
  22. Borrow’d Mine

Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    I’ll give it a try. Thanks brother. And enjoy that new ride of yours!

23. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I installed the Antigravity Lithium battery today. It's 30 lbs lighter than the Interstate AGM battery that it replaces (15lb vs 45lb) but the best part is that I don't have to plug it into a battery tender anymore. It has wireless remote jumpstart tech in case the battery ever goes to "sleep" (typically 2-3 weeks of no use, and no charger plugged in) It also has a bluetooth battery tracker that can monitor it's voltage via iOS app.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F485, ntatfas and SVCalifornia like this.
  24. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458

ist fine to recharge the battery using the Ferarri or CTEK charger?

25. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    Please let me know if the Bove 1000 worked with you. I tried another brand it didnt work and many people too!

regarding the CTEK, its the best you got