QUICKJACK 5000/328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

QUICKJACK 5000/328

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike996, May 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I figured I should update...I was in the ordering process and I asked myself, "how many times am I going to actually use the Quickjack?

In thinking about it I realized that there has been nothing I needed to do under the car that a hydraulic floor jack/jackstands didn't get the car high enough for me to do the work. Also, the QJ doesn't lift the car ALL that high - yes, higher than jack stands but not high enough to make that big a difference to me.

So I canceled the order. I decided that for me and the small area I have to work in, they aren't enough of an advantage in speed/lifting height to offset the hassle of storing them/setting them up each time as opposed to continuing to use jack stands/floor jack.

2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    They certainly are a luxury. But they are nice to have when rotating tires and bleeding brakes. I got mine from Costco on clearance for $699.

pizzadude likes this.
  3. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks Jeff
    Much appreciated!
    I got mine for I think $900. Just used it last weekend on my 2001 Tacoma.
    It’s a huge help and well with the $ to me.

4. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I asked myself the same question and figured I would use the Quickjacks more than I use my Ferrari - which has turned out to be true! And I still have the Ferrari...
    The Quickjacks are a luxury but now that I have them I would not go back. After you figure it out, it takes less time to use than jack stands and feels 1000x safer. For cars like my Aston Martin that has 4 and only 4 jack points it is nigh impossible to get it onto jack stands. That car is actually the reason I originally bought the Quickjacks. Looking at a pile of ridiculous $1299 annual oil change and "inspection" receipts for that car the Quickjacks paid for themselves the first time I used them.

pizzadude likes this.
  5. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I finally assembled my quickjacks 5000slx the other day and lifted the car. Assembly was quite easy. My GT4 feel pretty low. After evaluating all the lift points I chose to go more "outer". I used the lift points in the back of the front wheel well and followed the outer frame line to the rear factory jack point. I used the supplied rubber block for the front and I used 2 hockey pucks height in the rear (4 along the frame for additional stability). I bought a cheap $20 box of pucks on amazon. the contact points were touching before i lifted the car, which made me nervous as it says keep some clearance. So it was either build up some pads to drive the wheels up or go with it. I decided on the second approach. The car lifted straight up! I used to take an hour as I did two or three rounds of safely lifting all four corners at even height levels so I could realistically fit under. I have so much work to do now!!! Now that I know the lifting points it will only take a couple minutes. In addition, the stands are extremely stable. I raised it up and put additional safety stands under, then lowered / locked into place.

Let me know if you have any questions - I am so happy with this purchase!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  6. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    can you take a photo from the side to give a different angle of the jacking points?

sltillim likes this.
  7. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    pizzadude likes this.
  8. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Is it high enough that you can get under the car?

9. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    For my '78 GTS, there is plenty of room. I use mine regularly.

10. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    My car is a little lowered. the quickjack made it under there fine. the rubber block / pucks took a little bit of squeezing but it was pretty easy.