Ferrari 365GT 2+2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 365GT 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hello all,

I need to unscrew the plastic grilles ( heat vents) from on top of the front fenders.
    The 4 screws will not screw off, and turn with no upward success.
    Are these accessible from the bottom side maybe there are rusted bolts at the bottom ?

Thank you for your help.

2. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    Those vents are not plastic, some kind of cast metal. The 4 screws fasten to a metal flange in the top of the fender. If the screws are damaged or
    rusted in place you might need to carefully drill them. If you run your hand along the inside surface of the fender (carefully) you can feel the tips of the screws.

Replace with stainless steel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pmo75 likes this.
  3. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    P.S. Look closely at the vent at the top and you will find the location of the screws. They are hidden in the vanes of the vent.

4. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    #4 Bowzer, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Thank you Mark.
    "If you run your hand along the inside surface of the fender (carefully) you can feel the tips of the screws."
    Where do I put my hand through to reach the inside of the fender, I know there is an inspection panel that is unscrewed towards the front of the fender. is there another inspection panel to the rear to be able to reach these grilles from beneath?
    Thank you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login