Meguiar's Quik Detailer Question | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Meguiar's Quik Detailer Question

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ag512bbi, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    2 question:

How or what do you use to clean the red calipers? Is there a spray that foams up and washes away?

And since I'm on the subject, is there a foam type spray or anything to clean Borrani wires? I believe they are aluminum and polished so I have to be careful.

2. dz22

dz22 Rookie

P&S Beadmaker is the best quick detailer I've used over the past decade. I've used CarPro Reload, all Megs products, Griot's, Optimum No Rinse, etc.

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Be very careful around the wheels and calipers a lot of wheel and caliper cleaners are highly acidic and can damage the finish of the wheel a caliper paint. Always select a pH neutral wheel cleaner, I need to buy some and will purchase the wheel cleaner from bilt hamber as they produce good stuff that's safe to use. Do you have a snow foam gun? I always snow foam a couple of times first to get everything moving, my car is full ppf though so you don't really have to be super careful when washing ppf but I still use 2 bucket method etc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ag512bbi likes this.
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I finally had a chance to wipe down one of my cars with Griot's Speed Shine. I really liked working with it. Spray on and wiping off was easy. Thumbs Up.

PTG1 likes this.
  5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    There's a guy on You Tube that does a test with it. I think it lasted 12 washes with soap and water. That's a couple years for me.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have used Speed shine for years and like the product overall. A few years ago after the final rinse I began using a light spray on while the car was still wet to hopefully stop any swirls. It worked well with the the large Gariot microfiber Towels. Now I've upgraded to drying with An Air Vac. & occasional Speed Shine or Turtle's Ice Detailer which I like better than Speed Shine.