Uday Hussein's F40 found ?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Uday Hussein's F40 found ??

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by futurelegendyyc, May 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    For those that are saying the previous owner kills the value, is there any historical precedent to this?

Are there any other Marques that have been devalued by an owner?

It seems good or bad History the value of these cars seems to go up some how at some time.

What is the value of the Alger F50, the Little Bastard.... etc. (I know not war cars, but a bad or intriguing history). War memorabilia, as creepy as some is, seems to have absurd value. Swords, Fire Arms etc...

2. 0-60

0-60 Rookie

Dec 26, 2012
    Bahrain
    Yeah exactly I thought I heard on the video it’s in saudi and running around the guys house. Didn’t want to argue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I apologize, In fact I watched the video talking about the first part of the story, and confused the two videos

0-60 likes this.
  4. bmagni

bmagni Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I completely agree, there are many other Ferrari's (and all kinds of luxury items) which have been in possession of mobsters and awful people and there's no loss of value, maybe even the opposite happens. People don't care, sometimes they even romanticize criminals...

technom3, FerrariF50lover and dcmetro like this.
  5. Kingshawn1234

Kingshawn1234 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2009
    West Los Angeles
    I definitely think the history of this car will increase the value by a long shot. I would love to own it. Does anyone know how much the Belgium guy who found it bought it for and who he bought it from? That would be interesting to know.

DoubleD33 likes this.
  6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    The Belgian guy is I believe the same one that bought the burned Gilmour F40 from Steve Strange. I am sure if he could have bought it and got it out of the country he would have.

Interesting that DK mention the car in their latest you tube video and are also rebuilding a burned F40 at the moment, guessing theirs is probably the Tax the Rich car that fried last year In France? although another that burned in the UK before that is a potential candidate. It wont be the Monaco car as that was to recent.

7. RomanD'

RomanD' Karting

Nov 5, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roman
    You don’t shoot a dog because you didn’t like the its owner.

Or you mean out of practical considerations, since the car seems to be a wreck at this stage?

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well based on condition I wouldn't want that F40 and to be honest at any one given time there are great F40's on the market so why settle for this car which needs a ton of work and when the work is done you probably would have spent less buying a properly sorted car in the first place.

9. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    "You bought Ouday Hussein's F40? That guy that shot and raped people on a weekly basis? How cool is that?!". Said no one ever.

readplays and Ferrari 360 CS like this.
  10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Because rebuilding neglected cars and learning them inside and out is, in some ways more fulfilling than driving them to some of us. I'd love to tackle a project like that.

11. Modena-fer

Modena-fer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    MIAMI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    When you hear the stories about that Man it’s just terrible awful person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

readplays likes this.
  12. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    Are you serious ?
    Nobody gives a rats arse who it belonged to. It could have been owned by a serial killer and it still wouldn't matter one bit as far as I'm concerned.
    That car is special and needs to be restored.

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    When people stop caring that a particular Ferrari was owned by Miles Davis, driven by Christie Brinkley, or glanced at by Niki Lauda, your statement might begin to be plausible.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    99% of F40's are red. Simply don't mention it's been owned by Hussein and only the vin counting anoraks would know.

JAM1 and Marcel Massini like this.
  15. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    I don't give a damn about any of them. I enjoy and buy the car for what it in itself brings, not for who owned it.

16. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    You don't care, Great. But that doesn't mean nobody cares, which was your earlier comment.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    ^ Wrong debate since Uday Hussein never was the owner of that car. Marcel Massini traced that car from the delivery to a Qatari Dealer to its legitimate kuwaiti owner, from whom it was stolen during kuwait invasion.

The car was never driven in iraq since it had nearly delivery mileage

So the car must be considered has a "victim" rather than like a "guilty thing"

Consider it as an hostage that has been freed ... Why reject it ?

We don't even have real proofs that Uday Hussein ever put his hands on that car

There are a lot of fantasy and wrong information about Uday Hussein

Do not forget 99% of what we know about him come from a guy called Latif Yahiah who said he was his body double

The guy invented all those horrible rape stories only to sell his book

The guy has been debunked as a fraud and a liar. He never was uday's double

The infos have been widely spread by the fox news/Bush administation to contribute to justify war in iraq.

I don't say Uday was a angel, far from it, but there is actually no real proof he ever raped or murdered anyone

18. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wow. He murdered Kamal Hana Jajo in front of a room full of witnesses and he went to prison for it, but sure. No real proof. All made up. :rolleyes:

m5shiv likes this.
  19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You are completely right, I was going to ad "Except for Kamal Jajo" but I had doubts people would know who he was. I was more refering to all those "ted Bundy" style horror stories of young women being abducted raped and killed. We have no proof for this, It does't mean he didnt do it either

Anyway all the Latif Yahiah stories are a hoax

20. natcrot

natcrot Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Does anyone know the vin to this car?

21. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Why? planning to clone it?

Clearly Marcel knows, so you can give up on that idea.

22. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    There is a little clue to this in the third post of this thread.

23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Interesting first post.

Marcel Massini

technom3 likes this.