812 SF / GTS with GPF fitted - exhaust improvements | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 SF / GTS with GPF fitted - exhaust improvements

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by KarlA69, May 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Not sure I follow your logic... On a cold start, the ECU increases revs. Not sure why that would sound decent but then increasing revs via the throttle doesn’t?

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It may be the case that at high rpm with a large amount of air and gas streaming through the system, the restriction becomes more apparent. But it does sound very normal at idle and at cold start. My dealer still insists that the difference between GPF and non-GPF is hard to notice. I wonder if those whom have heard it and say the difference is significant, would say the same if it was a blind test. I had a bit of a stupid argument at a track day two weeks ago. He was flapping his jaw about how great the 488 sounded compared to a Pista due to the GPF. Needless to say he did not know the Pista does not come with GPF. I hope he is there tomorrow because we will be bringing both a 488 and a Pista:D

My point is just that sometimes people get overly negative because they don't like the idea of something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Well said, I just listened to my brand new 812 with GPF and sounds fantastic, and I would have rejected the car if the sound was disappointing.

Gianfranco341, uhn2000 and Avia11 like this.
  4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I m not based en Switzerland , fortunately:)

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Would be great if you could film that comparison you mentioned in the other thread when you take delivery?
    While I've been in the optimistic camp the whole time, this still really pleases me as far as looking forward to the GTS goes.

6. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    Switzerland has nice neighbours such as France, Germany and Italy ;)

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  7. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    @gliazzurri To simply answer your question, the GPF and Catalytic Converter may be attached physically but they are electronically managed separately. So, without having a fix for both parts may it be a tune or hardware you will have issues. It's hard to say what issues may be caused since there is not enough testing in the market currently.

MrFloppi likes this.
  8. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Thanks for the technical response. That is precisely what I was curious about from a design standpoint. Much appreciated.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Disagree.

Marcel Massini

Eilig likes this.
  10. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    Bad experiences? They've always been good to me.
    Sorry for the offtopic.

11. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The Switzerland issues of the nanny state remind me of the Matrix movies. As long as you are happy with how things are you live life in blissful ignorance.
    If you are not happy, the state will not tolerate it and will make you happy whether you like it or not. That of course makes you more miserable and either you conform to relieve your misery or leave, assuming there is a place to go.
    Switzerland has such a high standard of living, very few find it difficult to live there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat