San Diego crew? | FerrariChat

San Diego crew?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jbla, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbla

jbla Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    Gents,
    I am actively in the market for a Ferrari, so it will be soon I join the club. Want to take it out for a tour once I get it!

Is there any sort of community in San Diego area? The LA Ferrari crew WhatsApp group is awesome but nearly everyone is OC or LA based.

Wondering what sort of San Diego based contingent there is. I could also use some local help with maintenance and so forth once I acquire it.

2. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Have you reached out to the San Diego Ferrari Owners Club? Don’t know if they have any plans for get together just yet.

Did you find the car you were seeking?

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Call this guy Gregory Chlad 77 308 GTB (Bobileff) (858) 354-3095

4. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Let me know when you find those other S.D. Ferrari drivers.. I’ve yet to find too many of them

5. sdplanner

sdplanner Rookie

May 11, 2010
    San Diego, California
    Full Name:
    Brian M
    jbla and AdWassi (and anybody else), I'm a new Ferrari owner living in North County San Diego. I like to hit the Rancho Santa Fe Cars & Coffee most Saturday mornings and basically cruise around with the wife on the weekend. I think it would be fun to get a local group together to run up to the weekly Cars & Coffee that is held in San Clemente at the outlet malls or make a run up to one of the small winerys here in North San Diego (I'm thinking Cordianos up Highland Valley Rd). I'm just a basic car enthusiast, something as simple as some fellow owners parking their cars on my driveway and drinking beers in the garage is my idea of a decent way to spend an hour or so.

We did take part in the Enzo birthday drive to Temecula, we had a great time and met some nice people, etc... but there just doesn't seem to be many planned activities/events with SDFOC. Definitely different than BMWCCA and PCA in my humble opinion. I realize the COVID non-sense dosen't help with ANYTHING on the social front, but it would be cool to get something organized. If you see me tooling around in my silver F430, feel free to say "hey".

TommyTheV and Mmckee like this.
  6. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Welcome to the F life :). Im always down for a drive - I try hit Palomar area at least once a week. Im up in Escondido.
    If you on IG Im @aweh458

Hope to see you around!
    Adam

Mmckee likes this.
  7. lx4life

lx4life Rookie

Jun 29, 2019
    Hey Fellas I am up in valley center, I have an Azzurro California Blue 360, would love to meet up sometime.

AdWassi likes this.
  8. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Lets do it! Im surprised theres another Horse around the corner :)

9. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Hi,

Saw this from awhile back. Is anyone here still active or perhaps some now members from SD? :)

10. kinein

kinein Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ernest Crawford
    I am relocating back to San Diego soon. I do visit for cars and coffee and the in-laws occasionally.

11. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Awesome! Any local group that is actually active that we could join for meetups and such down here? Been looking around and it's pretty much nonexistent

12. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Bump for any possible life in the San Diego scene? Haha

rob5819 likes this.
  13. kinein

kinein Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ernest Crawford
    There is a event hosted by Pelican parts this weekend. A few of us will be at this event
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #14 rob5819, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    If you are anywhere near Rancho Santa Fe, the RSF Cars and Coffee Saturday mornings usually has 10 - 20 Ferrari owners. SD Ferrari/Maserati has been hosting a Saturday Cars and Coffee about once a month recently as well, with huge turnout.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

15. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Thanks! For the last bit is that part of a FastLaneDrive event? I have yet to join FLD but will make that a goal once my car arrives but having only an F-car only meetup is more relatable :)

16. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    If you are asking about the pictures, the first is my wife's Portofino M (Rosso Portofino) at Cars and Coffee in Rancho Santa Fe. The second is my 458 (Rosso Corsa) at Cars and Coffee hosted by San Diego Ferrari.

17. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Ahhh. Now I see the 458 is located at the SD Ferrari. That color on the Portofino is really special, stands out nicely.

For these meets is there a FB or IG page that I need to join to keep posted on when and location?

18. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Hey guys,

I'm with the FCA-SW region (Ferrari Club of America - Southwest) and we have about 45 members located in San Diego County. We formed a new chapter last year with the goal of organizing events, drives and such but for a few reasons it got off to a slow start. Anyhow, there is now a new chapter president who is expected to get things going for 2023.

I'd be glad to provide more info if anyone would like.

19. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Awesome! Would love to know if there is FB or Instagram page you guys created or something that we can join/follow to get updates :)

20. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    FCA members get notifications, e-blasts, etc. Are you a member?

21. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
  22. kinein

kinein Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ernest Crawford
    There are a few groups on Facebook.