Discovered flaw in feature that gives you picture of your car from above | FerrariChat

Discovered flaw in feature that gives you picture of your car from above

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bitzman, May 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Asking your opinion. I am driving a 2020 Hyundai that has that feature where it "photographs the car " from an imaginary perch above your car. I am talking about the dash display.There was a miscreant hovering off my right rear when I was in the Driv Thru when there was no reason for him to be there. But the dash display screen showed no one around the car, giving you a false sense of security. This all goes back to my fear of drive-thrus because, for a few minutes while you are in the line, you are trapped, with someone ahead of you,and someone behind you. You can't put the pedal to the metal and escape. That's how the granddaughter of an LA police chief was murdered. The guy she was out with went to a drive thru. Someone was gunning for him and found him in the drive thru. He couldn't escape. The killer shot at him but the bullets hit the girl instead. So i am saying the system gives you a false sense of security. Opinions?

Gunman Kills LAPD Chief's Granddaughter - Los Angeles Times

https://www.latimes.com › archives › la-xpm-2000-may-30-mn-35567-story

May 30, 2000 - The granddaughter of Los Angeles Police Chief Bernard C. ... Lori Gonzalez was shot multiple times at about 10:15 p.m. as she and a male ... The Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, a 24-hour drive-through well known to local ...

2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Fear of drive throughs? :facepalm:

I would be more scared of the 'food' they are serving.

Auraraptor likes this.
  3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Com'on, guys. I have a flip phone. I am not hip to the new technology. I got a story on this car coming out tomorrow so i need to know if there's blind spots in these systems. And I was in San Bernardino where they not only kill you but drag your boy around on a chain.....

4. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Ignoring the specific drive-thru issue, I would be concerned if the 360 camera made something "invisible". Of course, just like simple backup camera's, the manufacturer will always put the burden on the driver to actually look around. If I had 360 camera, I would have someone do a walk around so I could learn where the blind spots are. Shouldn't be too hard for the software to be updated to identify those blind spots to the viewer of the screen. Maybe if Hyundai gets enough complaints, they will make such an update.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Also ignoring the specific drive-thru issue, each system is slightly different.
    As mentioned the easiest (and fastest) way would be to simply have someone walk around the car and see what gets picked up.