For Sale - Ferrari 288 GTO Wheels by Speedline | FerrariChat

For Sale Ferrari 288 GTO Wheels by Speedline

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Hubs348, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubs348

Hubs348 Karting

May 9, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
  2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    These look better on the TR than the OEM TR wheels :D

George Vosburgh likes this.
  3. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    stunning set of wheels, you need to post this in the 288GTO section of the forum, there a several 288GTO owners on there that will never look here or on BAT

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Really? You might check past results for 288GTO wheels on BaT.

swift53 and theowinstone like this.
  5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    sorry don't understand what your comment means?

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Probably that 288GTO owners do look on BAT :)

swift53 and VetroresinaNL like this.
  7. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    maybe in America they do, but it's not that well know in the UK or Europe and rarely used by anyone this side of the pond.

I look after a collection of the big Ferrari Supercars, which includes a 288GTO, F40, F50 and Enzo - out of curiosity I asked the owner of the collection what he thought of BaT? He had no idea what I was even talking about - but yes he is interested in a spare set of wheels if they come at a good price.

I was just trying to help a Fellow FChat member get exposure to the right audience, and also help any GTO owner who may be interested in a spare set of wheels that pop up for sale, don't see any harm in that and don't understand why it warranted a "Really?", maybe I am just touchy about that as I have an eight year old that says it all the time, as I try to guide him down the right path in life and not turn out to be a wee ****.

I have bought many many things for the cars from members here on FerrariChat, but very few of the items originated from the FChat classifieds, most were acquired through the model specific threads. Likewise I have help many FChat members source parts but i have never advertised anything.

Regardless of all this, these are stunning wheels and I wish the seller a very successful auction, I am sure he will do very well.

The history on BaT for selling 288GTO Speedline wheels is eye opening! One set sold for $9,000 with the centre splines and chrome rings missing, the other set went for $36,000!!!!!!!!!!! which included a wrongly advertised 288GTO tool kit along with the wheels - it was not a 288 tool kit, almost everything was wrong for the car - but amazing result.