Is anyone Familiar with this white F12 for sale in San Diego? | FerrariChat

Is anyone Familiar with this white F12 for sale in San Diego?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by cwall, May 19, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
  2. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i looked over the ad at the dealer website. looks good condition has lift and rear camera. carfax shows clean. run an autocheck too. high miles compared to others on market but price has reflected that. i've seen 18k mileage go for 180k. get it inspected by authorized ferrari shop look for gasket leaks on engine and corrosion around rear black mesh vents, see the thread detaling F12 corrosion.

good luck!

cwall likes this.
  3. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    price seems fair...its been driven perfect to drive more.

cwall likes this.
  4. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Went and looked at the car today. No corrosion on rear air vents. Engine appeared clean. PPI in process. Took it for a test drive and car seems solid, no unexpected sounds. The rear suspension felt slightly more "floaty" then on my Gallardo.

5. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Being driven a lot more is exactly what this car will do! The idea is to spend the summer touring the US. :)

6. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    the F12 rear suspension is "bouncy" compared to other cars. some of it has to do with seating position almost directly above the rear axle. i find sport mode the best combo of comfort with performance, unplug the muffler valves for more noise if you want. at that mileage an engine compression test may be worth the extra 300 bucks unless it is already included in the PPI.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    if you can negotiate down some you could splurge for the 1 year ferrari power warranty at 5800 for peace of mind. it won't cover gasket leaks which are typically precursors to larger problems down the road so look for that.

cwall likes this.
  8. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Assuming that the PPI clears I will be buying this one. This car is going to be traveling for the next 6 months. I'm thinking about registering in Montana and taking the tax benefit. I would re-register it in my home town once things settle down a bit. I spend a bit of time in Montana anyway, great state! Anyone have any experience with Montana regs?

9. AhsanU

AhsanU Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    New York City
    Congrats! I actually am looking to get into the V12 Ferrari club as well and was eyeing that F12. I have a 991 GT3 that I need to offload before I can get into the F12, and that Porsche dealership said they wouldn't take my GT3 on trade in because it has Porsche OEM racing parts on it haha.

Enjoy her if you get her! :)

cwall likes this.
  10. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011

11. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    There is a long thread on this, which I believe the consensus was negative on registering in montana.

cwall and anunakki like this.
  12. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Avia11, anunakki and AhsanU like this.
  13. AhsanU

AhsanU Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    New York City
    Appreciate it!

They said they want the car stock if they were going to take it on trade in. I have fender flares that Porsche uses on their racing cars that requires carving off bits of the original fenders, so yeah..

In regards to Montana registering - I'd avoid doing that. Certain states are cracking down on that, and it's considered tax evasion. I've read about people facing heavy fines that far exceed the taxes they would've paid initially

14. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    I think my circumstances are a bit different than many people and that this may tip the balance in favor of the MT registration. In 2018 and 2019 I spent enough time out of the country to qualify as a foreign resident for federal tax purposes. I'm also a Florida resident who travels a lot between NYC, SF, and San Diego. This car will be traveling for the next six months on a grand tour of the US. I don't think any state will be able to claim a tax nexus. Either way, I will see and let the forum know what has happened.

15. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    I was thinking of adding the power train warranty. How would it not cover gasket leaks? Power train should include engine. Is there something I'm missing?

The tech over at Ferrari SD suggested he had never seen a gasket leak but was happy to check for it. The compression test is an add'l $225. The tech said he had never had compression issues in an F12. I decided to go for the extra checks anyways as it is possible the techs haven't seen too many high mile cars.

16. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i'm not a Ferrari mechanic but ask the local dealer service about the extended warranty. it is not complete bumper to bumper and oil leaks were omitted last time i checked.

cwall likes this.
  17. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    https://www.ferraribeverlyhills.com/ferrari-power-warranties/

NEW POWER

Ferrari extended coverage for up to the vehicle’s 12th year

New power coverage:

Engine: engine crankcase and all internal components, cylinder head(s) and valvetrain, oil radiator(s), head gasket(s), oil sump and oil pump, variable valve timing adjusters, solenoid valves. (Oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

-Ignition/Injection: Oxygen sensors, secondary air systems (secondary air pump and valves only), ionizing ECU.

-F1/Mechanical gearbox: gearbox casing and differential housing(s), including all internal components, F1 Power Unit: electric pump, valves, actuator, ECU, selected and engaged gear sensors (soil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

-DCT Gearbox: gearbox including all internal components and ECU (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

-Power Transmission Unit: ECU, clutch (rubber boots excluded), PTU: including all internal components (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

-Suspension and steering: complete steering box, suspension arm joints power steering pump (excluding drive belts), suspension arm joints, toe-in tie-rod, ECU for controls on steering wheel (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

-Cooling system: water pump, fans (leaks are excluded).

-Air conditioning/heating: AC system control devices, AC compressor and AC system ECU.

-Electrical system: alternator, starter motor, ignition coil, engine ECU, gearbox ECU, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, power window motors.

-Fuel and induction system: injectors, throttle bodies, air flow sensor, intake manifold, pressure regulator, temperature sensors, fuel pipes, fuel pumps.

-Brake system: hydraulic brake pump, brake pressure regulator and servo.

-Bodywork: RHT roof function (wear, bodywork and paint defects, seals and water infiltration are excluded).

cwall and of2worlds like this.
  18. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Car came back from PPI with zero issues. Tech said he was amazed at how clean it was. Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Car arrives tomorrow. Cant wait!

Was looking into the powertrain warranty. Will probably add that.

Gh21631, wrs, x z8 and 1 other person like this.
  19. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    if the PPI was done at a Ferrari Dealer that will save you few hundred on the inspection for the Power Warranty. They have to perform an inspection from Ferrari dealer before you qualify.

20. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Slightly off topic, but on my run this morning in north county San Diego I saw a white F12, twice. Beautiful car. I've dealt with San Diego Ferrari for almost ten years now and if they are happy, you should be happy. They are good people.

cwall and of2worlds like this.
  21. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    V-12 congratulations!

cwall likes this.
  22. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Yes. They are letting me use the compression test ($225). They are still making me pay for another inspection.

23. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    That was probably the transporter picking the car up. It had a few extra miles when I got it...

24. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    That would be an amazing coincidence. Unless it was coming from Fairbanks Ranch or Santaluz. I saw it on San Dieguito, heading out and returning.

Rob

cwall likes this.