Travesty! | FerrariChat

Travesty!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sargepug, May 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I hear you but the N/A engine has reached its peak. They could continue on but would be left behind performance wise. Personally, I think its silly because 99% of the time I never use anywhere near the full potential of my 458. What would I need 1000 hp when I can barely use 570?

pilotoCS and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  3. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Maybe the F136 engine reached it's peak, but Ferrari could have developed another NA engine. However, it's really not the point and the 488 / F8 are great cars. It's this pure electric, which I have issue with. You better get out and drive that 458 then! I'm in a great exotic car club and when the opportunity is there, we really push the cars. Such as hardly anybody on the parkway, twistie back roads clear, etc. Especially good now during Covid!!! Then you really see what you paid for and what a Ferrari is all about. Just tooling around town and looking good, is a far cry from the real experiance. ;)

4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I still to this day feel that that’s a very delicate and polite way for brands to say that they’re selling out/giving in to environmental lobbies and current politics. A way out of sorts.

If they wanted to, they could. From an engineering standpoint alone, I see no good reason, no scientific impediment. From other non-car related angles, sure.

Couldn’t agree more with the rest of your sharp comment.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Challenge and Solid State like this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    God that thing is ugly!

Sargepug likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'll take the power, bring it on. Ideally they can do a nice balance of sound, less weight and performance. i.e. 918, P1, Koenigsegg and a few others.

Sargepug and Jo Sta7 like this.
  7. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think the 488's and F8's sound awesome! That's my .02

Ash Patel and Drson like this.
  8. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Exactly and there is no right or wrong, it's all personal opinion and preference!

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I don't understand the obsession with loudness some of you have. That said, a totally silent Ferrari would be boring.

turbokraft likes this.
  10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    it's really just a part of the overall obsession w/ cars! Have you ever been to a race, and heard those cars screaming down the track? To me, that personifies power, excitement, etc. I also think the term "loudness" is inaccurate, in reference to what I am saying. If something is just a loud noise maker, like when a Harley drives buy w/ an obscenely loud exhaust, it sounds annoying as hell to me. Another example, it's a poorly set up car exhaust, that has a lot of droning. A 458 for example, w/ that fantastically balanced N/A sound, is music to my ears! Again, the 488 and F8 are fantastic cars, but i'm going off of personal experience. My super car club, is loaded w/ the likes of 458s, 88s and F8s and I'm friends w/ the spectrum of the owners. All agreed, that you do hear a distinct change in each model, w/ the F8 being most toned down. Those that came out of 458s, said they missed the sound.This is just the nature of multiple turbos and matter of fact....

11. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    When you’re driving these cars like they are meant to be driven, whipping around twisties, downshift screaming and popping as you brake hard into a turn with massive thrust that pulls you forward, throttling out of the turn thrusting you backwards, screaming to redline, windows down, shrieks and pops and gurgles....the car is just alive. The sound contributes so much to the experience...I cannot imagine that experience muffled with stock exhaust. I don’t drive the car hard often, the first time I experienced this I had the car for probably 6 months at that point and just thought “wow ok....I get it now.” Still don’t get to use the car this way enough, but when I do, what an immersive full body experience, and the sound makes up a lot of it.

Sargepug likes this.
  12. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    I’m so happy that I have enjoyed these cars over the years as they should be driven with the sound, performance and soul that makes them special. I am getting old and I am out at this point from ever getting a new Ferrari. Electric is like stale white toast. I’m sure it will fill you up and raise your insulin levels quickly but has no flavor or enjoyment to me.

I just hope I can still buy gasoline for the next ten years for the cars I have. After that I’ll be too old to give a ****.

Rexcat458, Napoli, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its not about loud, it is the quality of the sound and the feedback it gives you.

Dicecal, Rexcat458 and Coincid like this.
  14. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    +1

Rexcat458 likes this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Quality and quantity is ideal but I will take quality over quantity every time.

Rexcat458 likes this.