Maranellos are disappearing | Page 57 | FerrariChat

Maranellos are disappearing

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by intrepidcva11, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Cool car with a great story.

2. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Wow cool ending to the auction! Why anyone would ever want an automatic 575 is beyond me, though. A manual v12 Ferrari is one of life’s great toys.

ringle and mmyhorses like this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- They are not automatics. They have a much improved version of the transmission you have in your 550, with electro-hydraulic clutch and gear selection. In 12 years of ownership, mine has never been in Auto.

kane00 and Robb like this.
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Gotta say I love my gated manuals in my Ferrari’s and also the F1’s Which are not automatics but variations on the same manual box. No real difference except I can keep both hands on the wheel on the track.

Robb

kane00 likes this.
  5. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Eye roll. OK, if there is no clutch pedal and shift knob, it's pretty much an automatic. As in, a person who can't drive stick could drive your "electro-hydraulic" version. Am I right? Wink wink.

ringle and ralfabco like this.
  6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- This infantile discussion has taken place too many times to regurgitate here again. I have little doubt you would have trouble driving my F1 575M smoothly, but make sure and keep your manly man image alive.

Technically, if it does not have a torque converter or multiple wet clutches, it is not an automatic.

7. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I was just having a little fun. No offense intended.

8. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Well, there’s a technical argument to say an F1 box is more a manual than an automatic, but there is also a legal argument to the contrary. Don’t know how it works in the US, but if you pass your driving test in an auto, then you are only licensed to drive automatic transmission cars, within which F1 Ferrari’s are classed.

It’s all semantics though. There are pro’s and cons to both gearbox options.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ringle likes this.
  9. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    US doesn't care about the licensing differences. At least not here in CA.

F11 likes this.
  10. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Of course.

11. mmyhorses

mmyhorses Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Coral Gables, FL - USA
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    The market is always right. Three pedal cars command a premium over paddle ones. That said, buy what you like and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Robb likes this.
  12. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
  13. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  14. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    On line Auction, the UK's version of Bring a Trailer.

2004 F1 575M LHD Japan import to the UK with patchy service history and an unusual (but not ugly) colour combination.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-ferrari-575m-maranello

Interesting to see what this brings, there have been some crack pipe prices paid on this auction site for all sorts of mediocre cars. It seems the lockdown is making people stir crazy and they're itching to buy something. All it takes is too many glasses of wine and a trigger mouse finger and you're getting carried away bidding over the limit you set yourself.

6% buyers premium to be added to final bid price.

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Asking prices on PH seem to be on the up , wondering if the MT mania is coming back again ? especially seeing that 430 MT sell for around $250K on BAT!

16. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I saw this car back in 2016 and actually quite liked the interior. In fact, at that time the car looked in good condition. It was listed on Pistonheads in June 2016 by Coys although I can't immediately find it in their auction results. Perhaps it was withdrawn.

As is usual for ex-Japanese cars in the UK, there's no service book. The current owner doesn't seem to have bothered with getting it serviced either.

17. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    It also spent quite some time on Autotrader over the last two years asking circa £70,000.

The seeming lack of almost any UK history at all, 10 year old tyres and 4 years of apparent neglect aren't going to help it's cause. Still it's already at £40,500 with a couple of days to go.

18. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Asking prices and sale prices seem to have little relationship. Many of the cars listed on PH have been for sale for some time (as in years never mind months).

I think CV-19 has made some people think about their mortality, and those that have the funds are putting them into something maybe they've wanted for a while.

If the right car came up I'd still go for it now - I had every intention of following through with the purchase of the Verdi car I was offered only for the seller to get the wobbles and pull the sale.

I can't help thinking though we're on the edge of a precipice when it comes to the economy and I'm inclined to hang on to cash just in case I need it.

kane00 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    There is another Verde 550 which you probably also seen but asking about 115 from memory.

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- The dash on the J 575M is actually cuoio, not beige, to match the carpets, and the leather headliner was standard. Other than that, looks like a good, basic FHP 575M that just needs to bring its servicing and tires up to date. No serial number, but odds are good she has the AN 52556 updates including the steering position sensor.

21. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Big problem though is it's LHD in a RHD country. Combined with it's import status and an owner that hasn't cared for it it's not really top of my list. I am curious to see what someone pays for it though.

22. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like a perfect 550 for Santa Claus. Just needs red headlights.

21ATS likes this.
  24. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    #1425 jtremlett, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    The serial number is given in the advert and the assembly number is in the photos.