Boxer Rebellion: a drive to save our sanity | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Boxer Rebellion: a drive to save our sanity

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dwhite, May 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting. Where did those come from, what are they.
    I used to think 550 sports seats would work too.

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Those were the seats we saw in his car at Newmans. He had additional foam added to the side bolstering.

4. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

5. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    They my be nice but that Chevy whatever across the way...now THERE'S a real car. Unique in styling, performance beyond a Prius, and oh so unforgettable.

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looks like a Chevy traverse.

I still have my 11 equinox which is truly an excellent machine. Good suspension great steering and the 3.0 v6 is a great spinner. But it took me 8 years to remember what it looks Like.

I’m always reminded that some minivan may be as quick as a BBI to 60. Actualy 0-30 on a bb is slow unless you’re I. For serious abuse. But I’ll wager 30-140 is exceptionally quick.

car magazine in the U.K. was showing the BBI as having the fastest 40-80 in top well into the 90s . Those older Ferrari’s were geared for fast road use not magazine tests.
    Which is why they’re Significantly quicker than some metrics imply. But ya gotta work to make it happen. Sadly most bbs are just cruised these days, which is missing the essential joy.

We live I am era where more than one Daytona has had eps added because if you do t go over 80 it’s just heavy.

hard to find open range for these cars to really roam. But when you do, mama Mia.

7. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Wow..what a day! You're so right on the BB's performance. Mine pulls like a freight train, and going to redline in 3rd...OH the sound...the total is so much more than a sum of the parts!

8. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
  9. simchanova

Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Sean,next time you guys go out let me know...I’m in suburban Philadelphia...perhaps we could meet somewhere...my friend also has a BBI and lives near me but his car needs a major at the moment...maybe end of the summer both could join you guys and maybe recruit a few more and have possibly 7 or 8 boxers on a rally all at once!...send me a pm and I’ll forward you my contact information,ciao,Stuart

10. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    That is the most beautiful white ferrari I have seen in a long time

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

11. simchanova

Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010