1977 400GT 23143 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1977 400GT 23143

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Tojo, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Cheers Raemin, a couple of good tips there. Sounds like I have laid the wiring correctly at least, I have no choice but to go from the back of the fender cause of the pipe fittings are fitted on that side, I'll have the compressor fittings flared on when the engine and compressor are in. I hadn't thought of using the big hose as a feeder, that's a great idea, I'll organise some more hands to come give me a hand, and hopefully we have some success!

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I've taken the opportunity to re-read your entire post. Looking at the pictures, it seems to me that someone has re-routed the red wires that feed the right fusebox so as to bypass the ammeter and go directly to the battery. Sounds like a bad idea. Normally these two wires have to go to the relay box under the footwell and should be bolted together with the wires coming from the alternator(s).

Correct wiring is
    Battery positive > Starter Positive > Ammeter > Alternator(s) cables & Fusebox cables

(the stater is a junction point : two black cables are connected together on the positive side of the starter: one comes from the battery the other goes to the footwell harness)

3. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think I can see what you mean from your inspection of your photos. I did a lot of work on that harness last month buzzing out wires and following the diagram with an avionics mate I work with to make sure everything is correct. I did move a few fuse box wires around that were in the wrong places so we’re pretty certain it’s all correct and nothing is bypassed anymore. That being said I don’t mind double checking either and will do so next time I’m at the car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    [​IMG]

These are the two wires I am talking about. There is normally no wire exiting through this hole (only the "backup" hood release). Looking at your other photos it seems that your right fusebox is properly wired. These cables could feed the fuel pumps fuses(?)

5. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ok, so that pic and those wires you point out there is not from my car, so that’s not an issue for me. I think that’s One of Al’s cars. I am interested to what goes on that large black bracket attached to the footwell, I don’t have one of those. And while we’re talking about wiring, do you know how long the positive battery cable to starter is? That’s another cable I need to make up. Thanks

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Tim,

My apologies for the delay. Here are some pics from the engine side and from the cabin. Remember my car is a 365 LHD and so it may have different routing than on your car, but should provide some info.

If you need higher res picture versions or of other areas message me and we can exchange e-mails.

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tojo likes this.
  7. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    On my firewall I have these holes circled in red and I dunno if there's ant brackets or studs required in those positions. What attaches where the bracket circled blue is? If anyone can shed some light that would be tops. I don't wanna glue the soundproofing on in the cabin, fit the aircon, and then have to pull it apart again if there's items missing. Cheers Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Heater valve and brackets for the cables?

9. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It's not the heater valve. It's mounted a few inches higher where it's painted black and hard to see in that photo

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    I didn't have anything mounted in those spots.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Yes mine had a lot of extra wires.

That black bracket is for the k-jetronic fuel injection mounting. Your car is a carb one isn't it? If so you wont have this.

12. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yep, mine has carbs. Discovered the use for that mount when I checked out the car for sale at Shannons auctions last week. Thanks for that other pic of your firewall. Glad I don't have to find/make more stuff. Cheers, Al

13. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Tojo likes this.
  14. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Do you still have the hoses for the rear airconditioning unit? Maybe that's were these hoses were supposed to be routed toward the rear seats (through the transmission tunnel)?

15. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I was supplied with zero hoses for air, oils, or water. Trying to source everything but working in the dark a little. Perhaps you are right about that. I’ve decided against fitting the rear air. Too much work for something that will rarely be used