Thoughts on this 488 Spider? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this 488 Spider?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bob Z., May 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

What’s the msrp? One thing I personally don’t like about it is the standard seats. I would not buy a 488 without the Goldrake seats. Find out the msrp. 269k is prices high imho. This is a 245k car.

2. Bob Z.

Bob Z. Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Marineland FL
    Full Name:
    Robert Ziolkowski
    They lowered it by $10k but I still do not have the window sticker or MSRP and are not very cooperative for someone selling such a car.

3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I googled the vin and this car shows up being advertised at various used car dealers around FL. One of them is in Oldster FL (Tampa area). If the car is in fact there I am 10 minutes away and would be happy to go see the car and take a photo of the window sticker or the trunk plate showing the options.

4. Bob Z.

Bob Z. Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Marineland FL
    Full Name:
    Robert Ziolkowski
    Thanks but I am pretty sure the car is at the Jag dealer in Orlando.

5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    They are selling mine for $259,900 in Austin and it's a 2018 with 4510 miles on it. This one has only electric seats while mine has full electric which are better and include the homelink mirror. This one has the hifi stereo but you won't care and it won't matter because the top is down most of the time, at least it was for me. Mine also has a full PPF and a Tubi exhaust so that's about $12k in options that were not OEM and would account for the extra options on this car which are just the hifi stereo and some more CF in the cabin.

Mine still has factory warranty through September of this year. It's in Austin. It's not mine anymore, I traded it so I have no interest in this only that my car is a year newer and so it might be the better buy. It has new tires also, I had them replaced in September.

https://austin.ferraridealers.com/en_us/search-used-ferrari/2018/ferrari/488_spider/2018_ferrari_488_spider-ferrari_of_austin-ZFF80AMA3J0230145

6. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    This has the Electric Daytona's with the Blu striping. I actually think it looks good.

Cigarzman likes this.
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I think those Daytona seats look great in a Spyder....I prefer the race seats (gold rake) like you but in a Coupe,,,, many like the adjustability and other options like heated seats the electric seats provide.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    if Im not mistaken these are stock seats..

edit- yes stock seats. Car still looks great. Just need to know msrp to see if good deal or not.

9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yes stock electric seats but with the Daytona seat surface option. Next would be stock electric seats with heated and memory options I believe..then a total change in seats to the race seats (gold rake) but no electric seat angle adjustments. I believe this is pretty much correct but let me know...

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes you are correct. Ive never understood the need for full electric seats on these cars. im the only one driving. I set it once and forget it. to me electric seats cost money and weight. but that's just me.

mdrums likes this.
  11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I’m with ya on this...my wife likes the electric seats though. I tried to find a 488 with race seats but very few were for sale back in December and the 2 I saw didn’t have other options or color I wanted....so I have the electric seats. The Porsche gt3 I came from had the light weight bucket seats...Porsche’s race seat...and it was very comfortable for me and I’m 6’5” tall...I sat in a f8 with race seats and loved them.

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m 6’4” so I get it.

mdrums likes this.
  13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I’ve seen the car. It s at an Aston Jag Land River place. Personally I like it. I think they’re in at a low price and want to live it. It not highly optioned at all but Car looks beautiful.

They often sell to the Ferrari dealer when they get deals rate enough. Turns out people Aston people Like Astons and Ferrari people like Ferrari’s. They don’t cross shop. Unless you advertise. Hence the traffic.

Lastly it’s interesting to see where the prices will align. Low option 488 spider against 458 spider against F12 in terms of value. Seems like 488 will be amazing values in terms of tech,speed, and cost. Well we know that 12’s get no love long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I couldn’t agree more. It’s a very nice rig. Best ,Kirk