What is the worst car ever made that you would love to have? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What is the worst car ever made that you would love to have?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by johnireland, May 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    msdesignltd, tomc and Isobel like this.
  2. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    There was an ensign on my first submarine that had a 924 turbo, and a Lt jg that had a 928. The ensign had a WHOLE lot more trouble with his car!

Isobel and zygomatic like this.
  3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I want a Bricklin SV1 in Safety Green, a Delorean DMC-12, and a late 70s Lotus Eclat

4. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I’d like to have one of these to drive around. Even though, there is absolutely no sane reason to want one. (I think that’s the appeal).

Attached Files:

colombo2cam and Isobel like this.
  5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The Shamal is one of my wish list cars. Major want (but don't need :( ).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Lancia Zagato (or whatever this thing is called). Saw one for sale in CT that needed some love and always thought I should have bought it.

Obviously an obscure car since my iPhone kept trying to auto correct to “Lance my zebra”.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Julia, tomc, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    There are plenty of reasons to want one and I’ll add they aren’t screwed together poorly either, but yikes they can rust. Had three of them and they were all equally charming (if you’re not in a hurry).

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I bought a ‘93 Alfa just like this, brand new, in 1994. It was $23,000. I charged at least $6k to Alfa Romeo of North America in warranty repairs.

Matt

Igor Ound and zygomatic like this.
  9. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    My favourite colour on the later Spiders ;). It’s such a shame Alfa can’t get it together. They were making Duettos in ‘66 and yet 6 large required at the end of the line 35 years later ? I could not keep my Milano out of the shop yet I loved everything else about it. To say it had blasé build quality is waxing poetic....

zygomatic likes this.
  10. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Not sure how that could ever be considered in the list of "worst car made," as many folks still find them dear, and they still sell for close to 1/2 original MSRP, some 26 years later.

p.s.? DAMN that green over tan is beautiful!!!

As an example of "worst?" What did a Maserati Biturbo retail for in 1991? What does such a car sell for today, if you can find a running example? :p

11. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I had to have an SVX for the longest time. Eventually I got a nice one, or so I thought. My first Subaru, and probably my last. I thought I had a lot of patience for dealing with repairs and hard to find parts, but I found out quickly I didn't have enough to keep my SVX. I owned it for less than 1 year, buh bye.

David_S, Isobel and Auraraptor like this.
  12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Easy, a TR8

Isobel likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Igor Ound and zygomatic like this.
  14. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  15. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    AMC Pacer...……… Pure nostalgia. When I got my license in 88, my dad had a 928S4, my mom had a 3series convertible and a Jaguar XJ12. We also had a Jeep Grand Wagoneer. I used the Wagoneer as my daily. On weekends I could cruise my parents cars. Discovered most chicks contrary to popular beliefs, didn't like "rich" kids. My cousin was close in age, we picked up more chicks in his Pacer (pre-Wayne's World) then my parents cars. Second choice would be a Karmann Ghia. Again discovered girls liked my Ghia, more then my eventual C4 Corvette.

Island Time likes this.
  16. FerrariCountach

Jul 30, 2020
    jm2 likes this.
  17. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    #42 jag-oo-r, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Had me a couple of these in the '80's. One was the 'E'.
    Both suffered from bad bearings in the gearbox. Seems the heat from the turbos, which sat low, would cook the oil in the gearbox, which then did a real number on the needle bearing cages, which were made of, you guessed it: plastic.

They were a terrible car, and i loved them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I had a '64 corvair monza spider that I'd love to have back. Nothing but hate for it from everyone I knew when I owned it in 1985. Now they're all the rage. "Don't turn on the heater. Don't EVER turn on the heater."

Same could be said for my international scout ii fetish. I had a couple in the days when they were unloved and you could get a clean one for less than $1500. Those things could rust, I'll tell ya. And HEAVY! I once had a dash fire on the freeway. I reached underneath the dash and poured on everything that was hot. I must've pulled out 5 lbs of wire..... and nothing quit working.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have always liked the look of those things. I think and LS swap with a t56 gear box would be awsome in these cars.

Funny how you can barely find one anymore. Where did they all go?

20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They became razors.

tbakowsky likes this.
  21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    TR8

Classic BL quality.

Ak Jim likes this.
  22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    My next door neighbor has one. I run inside when ever I see the hood open..which is quite often.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    i know, but somehow I find them very appealing. The tartan interior, I like wedges and the V8 burble.

But yeah theres little power its horridly built and has a live axle suspesion, a retrograde from the Tr6, plus I think they rust as badly as period Fiats..

24. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I always liked the TR8 too. I had a friend who owned one it was green with the plaid interior. It had a few performance mods was a neat car. He let me drive it and of course there were a few things he had to tell me before I drove it like don't go over 4 grand with it as the belt will fly off, don't stall it as it may not start etc. etc.

25. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Knew a guy who bought one new. Constant problems. About 6 months later the car mysteriously disappeared and was later found burned to the ground. :rolleyes: