Ferrari 360 suspension upgrade worth it ? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 suspension upgrade worth it ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aj360, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Basically can get my hands on some after market shocks and springs for a steal not sure what brand they are .. but wasn’t sure if this is a good way to go over the oem ?? Anyone done aftermarket suspension? Is there a difference in ride quality?

Pic is the shocks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Right now you have the suspension Ferrari designed for your car. Why would you consider trading that for a suspension that you have no information on?

The original 360 suspension may not be the best in the universe, but is better than a pig-in-a-poke.

Aj360 likes this.
  3. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    I don’t want to break your Ferrari spirit.. but it’s now pushing 20 years old Ferrari 360 suspension “ most the ones here in Australia have rusted springs and have gotten so much corrosion you can’t even lower or adjust the height anymore... I would hate to think what else !! Would you do 150mph and feel comfortable ?? Just sayin

tbakowsky likes this.
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Aj360 likes this.
  5. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  6. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Hey mate definitely something that’s adjustable height wise like a coil over style ... I found those ones in the pic I posted for about 1300usd .. used with bout 2000 kms on them just waiting back on what brand they are .. I know the oem ones are good but I want safety and peice of mind knowing when I am enjoying some high speeds I am safe ;)

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

spring is cheap compared to shocks. replace it with OEM or even better: cs oem.
    sometimes, corrosion can be repaired, then the height can be adjusted.
    nothing hi tech here.

I feel very comfortable with a mildly corroded spring. Because it will not break. I am serious.

Aj360 likes this.
  8. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    I saw these ones in the pic bloke had for sale for cheap as chips .. but I mite go your way fix up what I got and lower her down a little bit

sent it out to my panel shop just got the full cs kit getting fitted top to bottom will post up some pics When it is back :)

24000rpm likes this.
  9. rob73

rob73 Rookie

Apr 29, 2015
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Except on very smooth roads, I found the stock suspension very underwhelming. Tried many different things: changed spring rates to CS , custom springs, CS suspension ECU, etc... not really satisfied. Until I had an adjustable coil over set made by Intrax from Holland: 1K2 system with ARC. Incredible damping and traction, minimal roll. Now with Pilot Sport Cup 2 on 19" CS wheels. Transformed the car to a different level. Not cheap though, but well worth it.
    Any half decent coil over system , expect to pay min 3000 USD (Bilstein PS99, Ohlins...) Then there is Intrax, Proflex, Exe TC... The cheap sets are generic China product. After a few miles on the road, the internals are heating up and there will be little or no control.
    From time to time, The Challenge Boge sets come up for sale. These are not bad, but spring rates are circuit only and damping is not adjustable.

Aj360 likes this.
  10. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    The ones that I can get the name is Tom’s
    Adjustable racing coils ra 220 coils with adjustable hats
    Apparently retail 12k