New Magnum PI series debuts tonight! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

New Magnum PI series debuts tonight!

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Sep 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mick D

Mick D Rookie

Nov 2, 2015
    All I'm saying is they haven't explored the option in the new series yet. Anything can be retconned ( retroactive continuity ) these days!

2. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    The show just has no panache...or much humor. The first one was like a bunch of kids playing adults. This one is a bunch of adults playing....something.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    All I have watched was the pilot.

The rest are still sitting in my DVR. I'll get to them during Xmas break I suppose

4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    My wife actually likes watching the show and I don't think it's that bad. Get to see the 488 every episode, works for me!

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I would probably LOVE the show - had there never been an original that I watched literally from day one, every week without missing one for 8 years.

I am not being sarcastic either.

6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Watched the episode last night about the poker game getting robbed and saw the Icepick charector for the first time. They have him in jail and the scene had Rick going to the prison to ask him for advice. Had the same relationship between Rick and Icepick that they had in the original series.
    On a somewhat related note this episode starred Jamie Sigler who played meadow on the sopranos and her charector was named Toni I was wondering if that was in respect to James ganolfinis charector in the sopranos.

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    One thing I noticed in the episode I watched last night was that they had Rick driving a 911 convertible. He has been driving a Benz convertible in every other episode.

8. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Rosey likes this.
  9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Back in the original he started out in a Z car then moved to a SL for the rest of the series

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I had it on, volume down, recording it for later and I saw that guy in jail on the phone to Ric. I figured he was the new Icepick.

11. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I bet you are right.

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Is Magnum wearing headphones?

13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I watched the pilot. It was okay. I did like the music that was in it. Had a very cool vibe to it. But the style of the show is way too over the top and violent. The original was fun and heartfelt.

Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  14. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    I can t say.. So far for me

15. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Went out and bought the DVD for the sake of completing my Magnum PI DVD collection.
    If only for the first episode featuring the 308 GTS.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

rjlloyd and Saabguy like this.
  16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    To be honest...and I'm surprised at myself for writing this...we have had the first two seasons on TV in France at the begining of this year (B.C, that is; "before confinement") and I have to say that "I didn't dislike it" (= understatement), some episodes I even liked.
    I put myself in the "openminded" mode, that is to say:"do not compare it to the original, it was forty years ago and you were...well...forty years younger".
    And I have to say that I found it "honest entertainement"; certainly better than some other garbage aired these days.

Sure, it is rather predictable; the "britishness" of Higgins is a bit "téléphoné", as we say in French (meaning: you can guess they had to do it this way, and then you see it coming from far away); the characters of Rick and T.C are rather "weaker" than in the original two, too many electronic wizzardy for my taste (heck, in 1979, nobody had a cellphone, to say nothing about a P.C) you are jumping from the mechanical era to the electronic one, but all in all, put yourself in the "relaxed mode", beer in hand, and as we say in French: "ça se regarde" (more or less: "it can be watched").
    And the cameo by the REAL T.C (Roger Mosley) was great.

O.K, that new Magnum P.I is certainly not the original, but...that was forty years ago, and I was more "original" at 20 than today at 60...

Rgds

17. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    What, from an actual shop?

18. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I don't watch the new one much,(I never watched the original one much, either) but i will say the new Higgins is better looking than the old Higgins.
    Doug

Rosey and pizzadude like this.
  19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    If you watched the old series, you would miss the original Higgins.

Saabguy likes this.
  20. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Is it just me or does the new Higgins look odd? Something about her proportions are off and I can't help but tell my wife this every week after watching it.

Lester

21. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Eye spacing, mostly. It isn't unattractive, but different. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Very beautiful, and very ugly people have something that is different about them vs everybody else, i guess it what that difference is, that makes the determination.

Doug

Rosey likes this.
  22. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    While a valid point, eye spacing that is, it's something about her physique that bugs me. Really thin but without redeeming feminine qualities. Doesn't look male but doesn't look female either.

Lester

Rosey likes this.
  23. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  24. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I actually kind of like the show.
    I think the chemistry between the characters is good.
    It’s just fun corny entertainment. Kind of like the first one.
    Sometimes I see Thomas get into a fight with someone who is clearly not his equally and he kind of struggles and I say “ come on Man!! You’re a navy seal !!”

Just like I did that old show. I distinctly remember Thomas ( who was a big guy and of course a navy seal) struggling in a fight with to out of shape guys in suits and thinking the exact same thing. “Come on Man!! You’re a navy seal! And a decorated one at that!”

I think the new Higgins is good looking but get the out of proportion comments.
    It’s the hip area.....and I have also pointed it out to my wife.

Rosey likes this.
  25. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

Thought this fight scene was terrific!

swore I wouldn’t like this show. lol