a new Ferrari book is coming out | Page 7 | FerrariChat

a new Ferrari book is coming out

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you, Stephen: you too!

ciao

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Martin,

The french and german ministers agreed yesterday on a "progressive" lifting of the border crossing interdictions starting June, 15th; now, to know exactly what it means...
    Took both cars to their mandatory "every two-year" technical inspection Monday morning, in pouring rain (they both passed with flying colors = zero defects).
    I drove a road that follows the border closely, meeting four different crossing points; all were closed. Lots of Polish semi-trucks everywhere looking for a crossing point that was open...

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #153 Albert-LP, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I'm jealous of the "MO" registration plate...that's very cool!
    (Not of the "invaders", we have had our share along the centuries here...)

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #155 Martin308GTB, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Hi Bruno,

thanks. Our news are full of it. I'm really looking forward to the 15th June. The first thing my wife and I will do is visiting our favourite supermarket 15 kms distant from the border and filling our boot / trunk with french food again :)
    Of course not with the 308, since I need our car with the largest boot / trunk. The Fiat 500 in two seater layout :)
    I am curious. They used the time of the border closing for restoring the Rhine ferry and the ramps. I am curious whether it will be possible in the future to enter the ferry to France with the 308 and its big front spoiler. Up till today this was not granted to me because of the steep old ramps. Driving to France in the 308 meant a 15kms detour. Except for longer drives for which the 'Pont d'Europe' at Strasbourg was the first choice with it's junction to the french A4. Or when heading south the A36.

But I am cautious believing that we won't get a second Covid wave. The second biggest leisure park in Europe besides your Disneyland Paris, 10kms distant from me is opening on the last May weekend and starts with 15.000 visitors/day (up to 50.000/day in normal times). I hope, that this decision to open doesn't screw things completely and we have to return to a lockdown similar to Italy of Spain.

Best
    Martin

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have to say that I fear for a second Covid wave here also. All modelisations seem to show that it is very probable. Should I be quarantined again where I am now , it wouldn't be the same thing in autumn and winter than it is now in spring...actually (and not kidding) I am chopping wood right now, just to be on the safe side; I have a fireplace, in winter, it helps....

Rgds

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #157 Albert-LP, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    If there will be a second Covid wave in fall (and I will be still alive…) I will complete the third book I'm writing, called "Ferrari by Schedoni": I'm working on it since last year! It will tell some new things about luggage, Schedoni and Ferrari history too. So, Bruno, when you rest a bit from your wood chopping activity, you could prepare for me some good pictures of a 328 (a GTB and a GTS...) with the luggage set in the trunk (I know you have it…) and some (good) pictures of the car: side view, front view, cockpit view, cabin view, engine bay and trunk (empty)… ;)

Are you asking which reward there will be for you? A ton of glory! :D

thank you very much!

ciao

PS
    Also some pictures with the set aside the car like in the official Schedoni brochures… thanks! (I will send you another ton of glory!)

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I have an old house, the fireplace, original to the house (1772) is not the most efficient there is, so I have to chop a LOT of wood, Alberto...
    You know I shall take these pictures, Alberto, I promised you that I will. And I'll even take my Leica out of its closet, just for the job (IF I can manage to find some argentic film here???)

Rgds

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Take it with the phone, it's enough!

Ciao

PS
    You are starting to be a bit old: don't die chopping wood, please! ;)

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I'm actually in a far better shape now that I have been living here for two months and doing more physical activity...the worst I risk is cutting me into the foot with my big axe...

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  11. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Did I miss something? Which was your second book?

What Leica do you have? I have a vintage M3 my father bought new in 1965.

Best Regards
    Martin

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #162 Albert-LP, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    My first one was "Ferrari - Le turbo otto cilindri (1982-1989)" - August 2018
    My second one was "Ferrari - The turbo eight cylinders (1982-1989)" - September 2019

The English edition is improved and with more pages, adds a Mauro Forghieri interview and also several very nice pictures were added (among them two very nice of the age about the GTO): it's another book, even if it shares 90% with the Italian edition. It took me one year.

The third one will be about Ferrari AND Schedoni, and will tell many never told stories about Ferrari luggage, about Ferrari cars/story and (at least) two new anecdotes about Enzo Ferrari himself too. The anecdotes about Enzo could be more than two, but not all of them can be written so I think they will remain two and no more.

I'm very lucky to live close to the Factory and above all for becoming a good friend of Mr. Mauro Schedoni, that during the last two years introduced me to many legendary guys that did Ferrari history and who will tell their stories on my book.

ciao

Edit: in this third one there will be some very nice stories about the 308 GT4, one about the 348 and one about the Testarossa (1984 model). All untold (or at least I never heard or read them before)

ivo73 likes this.
  13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    "only" a modest R-E, Martin, which was the limit of my finances at the time; but it has the "right" "1,4 to 16" 35mm, and I have the "right" 50mm too...

Rgds

14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    You cursed me, Alberto; I cut my hand deeply yesterday when I broke a plate washing the dishes; now the weather is gorgeous, but I'm not sure I can drive with that "#@&" bandaged hand...
    o_O

Rgds

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

I'm very sad hearing this! But I think you still can read a book… ;)

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey and syata like this.
  16. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I have completely forgotten, that they once built SLRs :)

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Get well soon.

Best
    Martin

17. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Nice to read you guys so active !

@martingtb are we meeting this year finally in the black forest?

18. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Julio,

I hope so, when boders are again fully open and I hope that they don't bugger up things by opening that big leisure park (Europa-Park) nearby in a few days and letting our region being invaded by up to 15.000 people daily from D/CH/F. And this is a limited number. Up to 60.000 visitors daily in normal times causing traffic jams and all kinds of trouble.

What are you "swiss" guys doing in these days?

Best Regards
    Martin

19. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

So Alberto, all no italians people need to wait for the fourth ? Ferrari and Schedoni in English or the third Ferrari "AND" schedoni will be

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's not sure yet, but it could be bilingual: Itslian and English. Let's see!

Ciao

21. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    that would be a good choice regarding profitability. And double the pages minus the picture pages makes a much more impressive book thickness :)

Best
    Martin

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    More or less cured, it is stitched. I managed to drive Sunday morning with a thick industrial glove.
    Yes, they did built a small number of SLRs indeed; that Leica has been on some long trips with me, including the whole transsiberian line to Vladivostok 20 years ago.

Rgds

23. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Hi Martin,

Here in CH feels all is back to normal. Traffic jams etc. Not sure is right thing though.
    Last Sunday I drove a bit with younger guns.
    Hope next time I can cross the border Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey and Albert-LP like this.
  24. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Wow! Great!

Best
    Martin

25. greg288

greg288 Karting

May 28, 2007
    Albert:
    Just received your fantastic book as a wedding anniversary present!
    Can't wait to dive into it this long holiday weekend here in the states.
    Best regards and thank you for all the hard work compiling such a great resource.

Albert-LP likes this.