TPMS sensors. | FerrariChat

TPMS sensors.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Marcoboxer, May 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Hey gang, is it possible to replace batteries in the TPMS sensors or am I looking at buying new sensors? X431 shows battery low on every wheel giving TPMS error on the dashboard. Wheels need treating to refurb anyway, just curious what I should be considering to get the TPMS sensors working again. Yes, I checked tire pressures manually and all good. MY’08 spider.

2. Marcoboxer

Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Answering my own question, for those that follow on later in search. The batteries in the TPMS modules cannot be replaced. The entire module has to be replaced. They seem to list for about $170 each, I need all 4 done. Does anyone have a source/part # for MY’08 spider? Maserati for example?

3. Marcoboxer

Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    And for those considering the X431. I had problems getting it to ‘see’ the TPMS system. Special functions section (this’ll make sense when you step through the menus, but happy to take pics for those that want to see it) recommended to use the ‘Ferrari software’. That couldn’t see the system when I went through the menu selections to get to a MY’08 F430. I then went through the F430 ‘08 EVO (I think, but that may not be exact...it was ‘08) and I could then see the system. It shows clearly all my batteries are low...going to assume dead at this point. The X431 has some quirks, but it can access much of the functions needed for the F430. Not sure what happens at the end of the 2yr subscription...but right now I can read (an alarming amount) error codes stored on my car.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Ev08 is for f430 2008 ..so you used the right menu

F430 was the F131 EVO ... ELP is for the Scuderia ... EV08 - for my08 electronics changed

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Marcoboxer likes this.
  5. Marcoboxer

Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Got it & thanks.

6. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    There are numerous threads on this just search TPMS. From a previous thread my reply from 2018:
    Just had new Michelin pilot sport 4s tires put on my 2008 f430. Since I had Tpms light on, replaced all four Tpms sensors with Oro Tek OBE-011A sensors. 4 sensors for approx $80.oo with a 12/17 manufacture date. Installed tires on car. Started car and the Tpms light was out within 15 secs and I could now read all four tire pressures.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Huf is the oem supplier to Ferrari. You can get the entire set for less than what Ferrari charges for one.
    Shop around, this is one vendor https://www.oewheelsllc.com/Huf-UVS2000-TPMS-sensor-set-for-Ferrari

As Jgivoo mentions, other brands work too, as long as they are compatible and the same frequency. F430s have two different spec'd part numbers, early and late, based on production dates...the cut off was mid 2007, so yours is the "late" version, which I listed above.

8. Marcoboxer

Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Much appreciated. Thanks Hugh.

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The month and year of production should be on a sticker in the driver's door jam.

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Lol, I never knew that. Now I have to go look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. Completely Lawless

Feb 3, 2019
    Hoboken, NJ
    Full Name: