308GT4 Gullwing motors | FerrariChat

308GT4 Gullwing motors

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GT4 amore, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT4 amore

GT4 amore Rookie

May 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Belshaw
    There is a 308GT4, maroon, black interior for sale on ebay classifieds by Gullwing motors in New York.
    Has anyone gone to see it? Is it a rust bucket? Was sent several pictures of it and the engine looks like has been neglected for some time. Body, interior not bad, paint gone.

Able to to do most work, but not looking for a restoration project.

Appreciate any info on it. I am a serious buyer for a GT4, has to be a 1975 due to smog issues in California.

New to the forum and excited to get back into a Ferrari.

2. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Haven't seen it and wouldn't buy anything from GW without viewing or hiring someone to inspect. Peter is a decent guy, but he buys cars "as-is" and sometimes they are REALLY neglected, to say it nicely.
    My first Ferrari was a 1975 GT4. Bought it back in 1987. Fun car, great ride due to long wheelbase, long time under appreciated by Ferrari crowd, IMO. They do rust in the door bottoms and inner fender panels. Very costly to properly repair. Mine had over 100K miles on it, had a rebuilt motor and was as reliable as a chevy. 2nd gear synchos are, as with so many of these cars, problematic.
    Good luck in your search.

readplays likes this.