Getting Verified as an Owner in Dubai | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Getting Verified as an Owner in Dubai

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by mfaisal, May 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Check out their site http://ferrariownersclubuae.com and see if it something that appeals to you... we have a track event on 28th Feb at Yas Marina... come by and see if it is something you like... :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    #27 FNCOOL, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Thanks for sharing and let's see if I can make it there. Tracks days are always interesting of course but Oman trip surely looks more tempting. But the membership+entry cost of almost $2000? Seems like coming by to track day is not free ;)

Anyways, I don't want to bore you with my own problems. Finally I have the contact to the club. Hope to meet in person one day.

3. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Let me know if you are indeed coming and it would be lovely to meet you... I will also PM you

4. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    check SCM group in instgram

FNCOOL likes this.
  5. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Thanks for sharing SCM info. Looking at the members, my 599GTB seems maybe on the shy side of these nice exotics :)

For sure would love to joing one meeting if days come if invited.

F485 likes this.
  6. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    its a pleasure and please let me know if you are interested to join the group

7. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Hello Ferrari owners in Dubai,

I have moved to Dubai recently and am considering buying a California (2012 or so) or California T (2015 or so).

Can you share any insights into pros and cons of either. Also, being new to Dubai and never having owned a Ferrari before, I would love to hear your thoughts on maintenance costs on these. Thanks in advance for your help!

F485 and crazedboutcars like this.
  8. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Hi,

If you can private message me, I will send you my WhatsApp number and then we can continue conversation from there.

9. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Would have been nice to keep the conversation flowing here guys so everyone can participate and grow this page.

I am an owner of old and new and would love to discuss the branching horse experience in Dubai.

I have no experience with the Cali but I have a 599 which is the same, shall we say, generation. Also a 355 which is a different beast (but a cool one).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FNCOOL, F485 and RookieDreamer like this.
  10. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Hi,

A warm welcome to Dubai, U.A.E. I own the Cali T HS 2017MY... bought it directly from the dealer Al Tayer Motors... peace of mind to buy directly from the dealer... so far no issues in maintenance costs so far as long as you service it on time directly and extend the warranty... ATM happen to have a 2015 Cali T at the moment... even if you buy from outside the dealer network, make sure you get any car you are interested in buying to get it checked at dealer to find if there is anything hidden you maybe unaware of it... after buying one you could also join the FOC club or SCM or both... one of the supercar clubs here in Dubai... you get to join other like minded enthusiasts... do PM me if you want more info... Happy Hunting :D

RookieDreamer likes this.
  11. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    As long as you have the dealer do the pre-purchase inspection or (PPI) done ... you should be alright. Also do your homework on reading buyers guides to know what you are looking for and avoid.

12. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Thanks guys for the input, much appreciated.

Agreed it’s best to keep the conversation flowing on this forum thread.

Quick follow up questions:
    Any particular buyers guide you recommend or should I just search online?

13. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Every model normally have several buyers guide .. all on line. I would read one from Europe and one from US to get a different perspective.

Just curious, why a California?

14. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Thinking of something that is an easier drive. I may not need it daily but want to be okay driving several times a week. Was looking at 911s but I think would be cool to get a Ferrari

15. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    Hello

Welcome to my country, your second home and am sure you will enjoy it. if you want have a look online: there are many website which you can get an idea about the prices, direct from owners or the dealer here in UAE. dubbzle, dubaicars..etc or u can visit alqouz car showrooms to see the used cars in person.

wish I answered you and feel free to ask

16. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    way cooler than a beefed up VW beetle ;)

17. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    :D:D:D

18. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Potentially looking to go with a 2013 California. The price seems to be in mid to low AED 250K for mileage around 30K kms. Any expert thoughts on things to watch out for etc. I would likely get a pre purchase inspection from the dealership. Also, is there a standard warranty/service package the dealer sells for Ferrari? If so, what is the approximate cost. Thanks in advance for the input.

19. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Definitely get a PPI done from Al Tayer... getting a warranty depends on whether there is still an existing valid warranty on the car and whether it is from Al Tayer... you can purchase a warranty/service package combo from the dealer directly if the car is still under warranty... happy searching :D

20. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Any rough idea for cost of warranty/service per year?

21. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Hello Gents, so I ended up loving a 2017 Cali T with only 14k kms on it. Red (Rossa Corsa) exterior and Tan (Cuoio) interior. Been a couple of weeks and Loving it so far!

A couple of (rookie) questions:
    - any suggestions on covers. I keep the car in my garage buts it’s open on one side, hence dust does get in there. The official cover from Ferrari is labeled as indoor and I feel this needs a PVC type cover. Any suggestions?
    - any suggested solutions for washing - buy pressure washer for home or are there any services/car washes that would take care of the PPF etc?

Thanks in advance.

crazedboutcars likes this.
  22. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Don’t cover the car... indoor covers are not suitable for sandy Dubai. I used to cover my car and ended up with fine scratches on the sides where the sand gets in and the cover becomes like a massive sanding paper.

For washing, keep it simple.. few and far in between to keep the quality of the surface. Careful with pressure washer.. keep the nuzzle at lease 15cm away from the car when using them

23. RookieDreamer

RookieDreamer Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Thanks Zbaroom.

That’s very interesting. Would be terrible to get it scratched up.

After a wash, the car gathers dust within a day. I have to wipe it off before I take it off every time. I guess that’s the way it goes here.

24. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Oh no don’t wipe it off either :) a little bit of dust is better than micro scratches ... let me say this... dust is ok, just wash the car a couple of times a month make sure your rinse off with clear water any dust before you soap it..

Let’s meet up to discuss few tips

25. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Congrats on your new ride... wishing you many kms in it... with regards to a car cover the one You are able to buy from the FOC club is much better than what you get from Ferrari... I’ve bought on behalf of a friend who is getting it for his original California... would suggest to wash it once a week... my people do it with a karcher pressure machine and microfibres cloth... however would recommend you get a PPF with a nano ceramic paint protection