convert 308 back to original.. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

convert 308 back to original..

Discussion in '308/328' started by forzaforzaforza, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    As a front clip is $8K and I doubt there is one left, yes filling the holes and correcting the repeaters is a day in the Park.

2. forzaforzaforza

May 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Yes I've done front bumper headlight washer holes filled in before and since the hold itself is pretty small it can be done pretty perfectly.

actually car I was mentioning with lights hanging off the rear valence has red lights hanging off the rear valence and the reverse lights in the centre of the amber turn signals

3. forzaforzaforza

May 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    so far the to-do-list isn't that horrendous
    1) swap QV bonnet for early non vented one
    2) fill in side indicator holes and replace with small circular style
    3) rear valence search for original
    4) find single tip exhaust

possible!

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Paul,

These are standard "european side markers" specific to the QVs only; all "euro" QVs have these.

Rgds

5. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Um...you can go slap him if you want but seems like a pretty cool bloke to me :)

Dane likes this.
  6. Grim Reaper tr

Grim Reaper tr Karting

Oct 6, 2014

Yes you are correct Nerofer,

The small rectangular side indicators are for all Euro/UK/Australian/Japanese market 308 QV models, LHD or RHD.

The hole in the front guards is different to earlier carby/2v injected cars,

A tip to see if the whole nose panel has been replaced is to lift the front bonnet and see if the two water drain holes are in the bodywork channel that runs above the radiator and below the leading edge of the front bonnet.

I still suspect this car was given a complete 308QV nose panel and vented bonnet which means a front end crash?

Grim

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What is the chassis number?

8. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    All the euros have the mirrors mounted further forward so yours are correct. Leave them alone. The side markers should just swap out for the orange round Carello units, the backsides are identical, so not sure why the holes would be different. They may be a bit forward on your car compared to original. Your rear lower valence isn’t a Ferrari part...looks like Koenig to me. A replacement single outlet valence will be tough to find unless you can swap with someone before they modify theirs. I have detailed pics of mine being restored if you ever need them. Single exhaust tip hi fidelity repro still made new in Italia, links in several places here on FC. Looks like a nice car. Don’t sweat it.

9. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I think it’s a euro VR only feature. They ended up on some steel cars in swaps I think, but I don’t think any steel cars got the Siem tail lights and Carello reverse lights in the bumper as original. That said, Ferrari is a weird as hell what they occasionally cobbled together.