P1169 related to Mafs - Anyone help out here? | FerrariChat

P1169 related to Mafs - Anyone help out here?

Discussion in '360/430' started by carguy007, May 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I am getting p1169 and its described as a difference in atmospheric pressure when I look up the code. I also searched before hand and saw someone else confirming this and trying to sort through it. I am going to order new Mafs regardless and was going to move the mafs side to side to see if I get a different code.

What codes are usually indicative of Maf related issues? Is this one of them?

Also I was going to get the OEM Bosch Mafs from a Hyundai and remove the filter element and put in my housing. They are the exact same as the 360 from what I can tell and can get these quickly and will not have to wait from oversees.

https://www.autozone.com/engine-management/mass-air-flow-sensor/bosch-mass-air-flow-sensor-0280218090/170504_0

Anyone done this?

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I am casting doubt on the "exactly the same" thing you talked about

The 430's MAF insert ( aka CS insert) are also "looks alike", but upon closer look, they have different lettering on the insert body and I have yet to test if they are interchangeable.

"can be installed" doesn't mean they are identical. It could raise air/fuel ratio issues.

take a pic of the lettering on the Hyundai's insert body and post it here if you could

3. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I have not got them yet. I am still trying to figure out the codes. Any ideas there? I do agree with your statement.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

last time I put a CS ecu flash into a regular modena with narrower MAF tube induced a p1169. so it was related to fuel air mix I guess.
    I think you are not fully disclosing information on services or what you've done to the car?

5. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    The car is stock with the exception of headers and exhaust. I am happy to supply any info that can help solve this.

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

im sure it is an air/fuel ratio issue.

something is leaking un metered air, or fuel amount is wrong.

7. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I think I found the issue. Its a weak coil. It clears up on acceleration but at idle the car sounds like it is on seven cylinders.

EastMemphis likes this.
  8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Totally agree on this. On the M5 Boards there was a looong thread about E39 M5 Bosch MAFs and someone found a VW MAF that had a similar looking insert (part number was even very close, like one digit off), and everyone started using them, because you could buy them separate from the housing for only $35 or so. They seemed to work fine, at least with the guys that had bad MAFs and so they were comparing against a poorly running car. Someone was a little suspicious and finally did dyno tests to see for sure if they worked exactly the same. He did back to back runs. They didn't. There was a hp loss...I forget the exact number, but around 14hp if I remember correctly.