Required modification to OBDII Connector | FerrariChat

Required modification to OBDII Connector

Discussion in '360/430' started by albkid, May 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I did it to mine, just requires another ground to be spliced in. Made no difference as far as I can tell.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, all Ferraris prior to the cut off day in 2005 need to have this performed. I had it done on my 1997 F355 spider back in 2006. Without the added ground wire, you may have connection issues using a generic OBDII code reader, or any other type reader that uses the OBDII port. It appears Ferrari did this intentionally to make it more difficult for third party service providers or DIYers. The problem was that by doing so, it was in violation of the law, and also made it difficult for state run emission check stations to connect through the port. Just get it done, it is free, or you can do it yourself using the Ferrari bulletin for instructions.

Call your local dealer, give them your VIN and they can check if it has been performed previously on your car.

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    It is campaign 148 as I recall. The original OBD plug didn't have a required ground pin connected. The SD works fine because it gets the gnd from the tester. BUT many smog stations will fail without this connection. I posted the campaign details years ago. Search for my post and you will find it.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I've posted it as least 6 or 7 times in the past dozen years or so. Here it is again:

Attached Files: