458 Speciale Aperta *market blown | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Aperta *market blown

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ScudMarks, May 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the UK pista spiders new are selling below used speciale A

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Speciale A was number limited, Pista Spider is not; so the Speciale A gets a premium for that. If one considers the Pista and Speciale - both unlimited - I do not know for the UK, but in mainland Europe the Speciale is definitely less expensive (EUR 50K if one considers the most expensive Speciale and the cheapest Pista, up to EUR 100K otherwise).

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I did a quick search....458 Speciales are in the same range as some Pistas. Egad. World has gone MAD!

4. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the UK speciales are cheaper overall than pistas but that’s because they tend to have a much higher mileage with no warranty or free servicing left. Delivery mileage speciale would be at similar price than delivery mileage pista which means they sell higher considering they are no longer under warranty and have fewer years of free service
    Brand new pista spiders selling for less than used speciale A

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sorry but both 458 Special and 458 Special A not PF designs. Last Ferrari mid engine PF was 458 Spider.

6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Idk about that, Pininfarina seems to think they had something to do with it...

https://pininfarina.it/en/heritage-designstory/

GLOBAL DESIGNER
    Pininfarina celebrates 80 years with the spider 2uettottanta on Alfa Romeo mechanicals. The commitment to sustainable mobility continues with the electric car Nido EV and the concept car Cambiano, luxury sport sedan with electric traction. In July 2012 Life Senator Sergio Pininfarina passed away in Turin. He was celebrated in 2013 at the Geneva Motor Show with the unveiling of the Sergio, modern vision of a two-seater barchetta. The marriage with Ferrari generated new successes: FF, 458 Spider, F12berlinetta, 458 Speciale, California T.

The mission of global designer was confirmed in 2013 by the Gran Lusso Coupé Pininfarina, exclusive interpretation of a luxurious BMW Coupe. Eurostar unveiled its new e320 train designed by Pininfarina. Contribution of Pininfarina Extra to brand enhancement increased with major projects in Europe, North and South America and Asia in the fields of interior design and architecture for international customers.

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I know the recent history. Big reason to own one. The new Ferrari studio not staffed or mature enough to create their own at the time. But officially no badge on any Special or Special A. IMO they cant be considered the last PF even though a lot of the current designs still mostly PF inspired. What is not PF is clearly visible though.

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    No it makes perfect sense Speciale is the last of N/A's - Pista is just another turbo and there are plenty more coming

SD455TA and Avia11 like this.
  9. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Same reason a 997.2 RS 4.0 is more than a 991 GT2RS.

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Actually, isn’t it the quantity of each that is largely driving that?

ScrappyB likes this.
  11. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    This is the way I look at it:

owner got to drive one of the best Ferrari's of the last 20 years, put 13K miles on the car, and got out whole, maybe a little better.

Pretty damn good in my book! Who cares that he "could have sold 4 years ago for an extra $200K" without ever driving it??!

Try driving 13K miles in a Pista coupe or Spider - cost to do so will far exceed the cost to enjoy an A - assuming first owner and purchased at sticker.

I keep driving my Speciale coupe - as I pile on more miles of course it will continue to lose value but, hey, what is there out there that brings more smiles per mile at less cost? Not much ... maybe a TDF purchased at sticker.

The BAT car was well bought and sold - that's it ...

Best.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    No its due to the fact the 4.0 is the very last manual shifting RS - IMO

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I suspect 991 GT2 RS’s would be fetching similar numbers if they were limited to 600 units.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Not so much because there are subsequent RS with paddle shift but No manuals.
    991 RS is paddle 991.2 RS is paddle 992 RS will be paddle 992.2 RS will be paddle

15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Thecadster likes this.
  16. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Probably a lot of fear you’re buying a 500k boat anchor as the highest mileage specA on the market if/when you ever want to sell, combined with C19 “Whats going to happen” fears....narrow market. Good for the buyer, obv they saw the oppy and capitalized on it, now they have one heck of a car at a great price.

dustman likes this.
  17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    It will never be a boat anchor. It's still a limited SpecA. At this low price and mileage, I bet you could put another 10k miles on it and the price wouldn't change.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Tough price/mileage ratio esp in falling value time

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The 4.0 was a punched out 3.8 RS with some other minor tweaks. The GT2 RS has a completely different engine than the 991 3RS.

If Porsche had limited the GT2 RS to 600 units, they’d be considered a collector car and probably similar in price to the 4.0. That’s my opinion anyhow

Thecadster likes this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  21. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I think some of you dudes would rather be 80 years old with cars in the garage with no miles, and no memories in them, and that's fine. But that same money invested in business or even the market would have significant better yield. Buy them. Drive them or don't, but let's not bring all this valuation into it because we ruin it when we do. What are the smiles and experiences worth? In the case of the referenced car, I bet that owner would happily spend 150m-200m again to relive those miles. We have all done well to be here at this stage, and I'm sure we all have trials and tribulations with our respective jobs/investments, and cars are an outlet and therapy for us. #dontmakecarsfeellikwork.

22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    AMEN Wish there were even half as many threads talking about driving experiences as there are about values.

23. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Before owning Ferrari(s) and joining F-chat I've never seen so many threads on values on any other car forums I've been in, not sure why this is?

nmcclure, Avia11, Eilig and 1 other person like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Clearly very few are driving their cars since the overwhelming posts focus on value and depreciation. A bit sad.​

25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Okay all ‘ya beeyotches!
    My 2013 458 Spider triple yellow has 35K miles. Loved every mile, many with friends lost in backroads of mountains and ozarks, and we live >1200 miles from the ozarks! :)
    My Speciale has 7K awesome laser-focused miles and smiles.
    My 16M has 9800 miles of sheer hearing-loss-induced mayhem. The car buzzing in frequency with climbing revs then...bam!...super fast-2 gear change and dislodged kidney stone. :) (No need for urologist or lithotripsy.)
    My most recent purchase couple months ago, 2019 (no dumbass stupid GPF or other euro-nanny crap on it) 812SF now has 2000 miles of terrifying 800hp wailing NA V12 joy. :D
    Their value to you in US $ amount? Don’t really know and don’t care...
    Value to me....they have kept me sane through very stressful years...love each of them (perhaps too much).

All in good fun!
    :)