Save big bucks- 488gtb clean title | FerrariChat

Save big bucks- 488gtb clean title

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Alexcle, May 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

Avoid buying black 488 gtb’s at all costs for the next 6 months! Lol

2. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I have watched a few of his videos. I can’t speak for the quality of his work but he and or an employee seem to have some old school techniques. I would not mind seeing more of those.

But not too sure how good those techniques are on the newer metals and alloys.

3. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    I find the videos interesting and he seems talented. The concern here is that car has a clean title so whether he is fixing it for someone or he is selling. Some poor fella may buy it since it is slightly underneath market price and think he has a 2 or 3 owner car with no history/ stories... especially if the delight of a good deal rushes him to forgo a proper inspection.

Spend 6k on another grigio factory colored rims and this car just got laundered into a seas of black 488’s.

He seems like a cool dude and kudos for him doing what he likes- as you see he advertises if you’ve been in a wreck he can fix your exotic, I suspect that is this case.

4. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I did not catch all that at first but I see where you are going. And yes that would not be too cool. FWIW wonder if car fax scoures YouTube to spot check these cars and adjust as necessary.

5. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    If you ever need to know how to remove/replace switches due to the stickies, I bet this guy could tell you. Pretty industrious fellow.

6. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    "Clean Title" because the accident never had a police report tied to it. Buy a $50 paint thickness meter and you'll know exactly if the car has ever had a panel repainted. CarFax means nothing.