458 - The “My Ferrari” Phone App Won’t Upload My Car Registration Info | FerrariChat

458 The “My Ferrari” Phone App Won’t Upload My Car Registration Info

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rexcat458, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello to the group,

I’ve tried over two dozen times in the last five months to upload my 458 registration info into the “My Garage” section of Ferrari’s “My Ferrari” phone app without success.

I get as far as uploading the photos of the registration and it just sits there churning until the app locks up and I get to re-enter all of the info again. There is no status bar in the app, so you do not even know if it has established the connection.

There is a video showing how to add the car info and upload it, but it shows it accepting the info in a few seconds. I’ve tried to email them with no luck (this all started long before CoVid-19).

Has anyone had success uploading your registration into the “My Garage” portion of the app? Any tips that you can offer would be appreciated. Some have commented that the app has bugs, but some seem to make it work. They just updated it with a bug fix, but there’s no joy on this side of the pond yet.

Good News: Ferrari restarted some production on May 8th... There is a video on YouTube showing them building cars in face masks covering their nose and mouths...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Did you try on the Ferrari web site under "My Ferrari"? the update may work there, and then you would see it in the app (which is supposed to have the same information).

3. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks, so far all of my attempts have been on the app on my iPhone 8Plus. My wife is still working from home because her employer is just beginning to phase in working from the office again due to C-19 stay at home orders.

She is on the computer all day and some at night, so not much of a chance to get on it for fun stuff... The phone app leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. I sure wish it was as good as their cars!

4. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well , I tried going through the website launch portal for the My Ferrari app and it was also a bust, but for a different reason.

Apparently, Ferrari does not know that it has a dealer in Atlanta, and since this is *mandatory* purchasing info and it is not an available option, it will not allow me to proceed.

Also, it asks for a chassis type and there is no pull down menu, so I have no idea how to indicate the chassis type on a 458 Italia Coupe.

Wow, they really put a lot of effort into the app! I’m so impressed. I’ll bet FoAtl would not be pleased to know that they are not shown as an authorized dealer in the US on the app.

No wonder I could not change my local dealer info, it thinks I live in Denver Colorado, not Houston. Blimey!!! It’s a good thing I have so little hair, otherwise I’d be pulling it out by now. 28 Failed attempts and counting. UGH.

5. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    So you emailed customer service and they did not reply? My Lusso was listed as sold in “my garage” and I emailed customer service during the lockdown in Italy and they actually replied to my email within 1-2 days and after 4-5 days, they changed the info on my Lusso. Just make sure you include the registration/insurance info of the car to confirm you are the current owner.

6. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    What’s the benefit of this? I tried to sign up, it told me someone else already did, so I said f it and never went back. I’m not sending registration and all this nonsense. What am I missing?

7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

If you go to Ferrari.com and use the menu to navigate to “Auto”, then choose the “My Ferrari” app tab it will show you all of the features as you scroll down the feature list.

I like the idea of having one portal to get the F news, get info on your cars, get to the FS store easily (I buy lots of stuff there) and easily contact my preferred dealer and send them my 812 SF car configuration for additional info.

It’s been a bit of a faff trying to get it setup, but the stiff as*ed Brit in my DNA won’t give up until it’s well and truly sorted. Cheers bruddah!

Rory breaker likes this.
  8. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Received a reply from them yesterday, but still waiting on getting my car loaded into the “My Garage” app. The program will not accept my car info at all, all legal info has been submitted multiple times.

F said it would be added after verifying the situation with the office in charge of the factory in Maranello. They will get back to me when it’s done. Humm, it sure is a lot of effort to use a simple app... Blimey!

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The only way i have been able to add a car is through the dealer. Next time you send it in to be serviced have the dealer add
    The car ..

Rexcat458 likes this.
  10. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Same problems I encountered - app is terrible. Web site version didn’t work either. I gave up on it - not worth the headache.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Napoli likes this.
  11. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Worst app ever. Lists my car as sold on May 12. :rolleyes:

12. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Humm... I’ve been waiting seven days for a manual update from the folks in Maranello to the My Ferrari Garage app, but no joy this far. It seems like some parts of the app require a manual entry/approval, which greatly slows and complicates using the app.

13. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, it’s been two weeks with no joy from Maranello on getting my 458 added to the My Garage Ferrari app after getting an email saying it was in process.

As others have pointed out, the app is less than ideal, kinda clunky and a chore to use some of the time.

Apparently, some things must be manually sorted by the folks in Maranello, which further compounds the difficulty in using the app.