458 front trunk / bonnet release cable | FerrariChat

458 front trunk / bonnet release cable

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ozan458, May 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ozan458

ozan458 Rookie

Sep 8, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Oz
    hi there ppl

I need some help trying to find my front trunk / bonnet release cable. Iv looked at the manual it saying under the steering wheel column but i cant seem to find any pull cable at all. I was under the dash for a good 5mins with a touch but cant see anything like that :(

I would be very grateful if someone could take a pic and show me where the cable is.

There is nothing wrong with my front trunk/ bonnet i was just killing time trying to find all the pull release cables in my 458. I have found and located all other release cables but not the front trunk/ bonnet release cable.

Many thanks mr oz

2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    It’s up to the left of the steering column (on a US car), kind of above the dead pedal. I was staring at it while I installed my new aluminum dead pedal a couple weeks ago. You have to really want to get your head in there to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I started thinking maybe I had a pic, couldn’t find it, and now have tweaked my back trying to get a new pic! But all in the name of not having to wonder about it all night...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ozan458

ozan458 Rookie

Sep 8, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Oz
    Sorry for the late post found it in the end it was on the passenger side footwell not on the drivers side like it said in my manual. ‍

5. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    So same place as mine but since you have RHD that becomes the passenger side! Funny what gets switched between right versus left-hand-drive and what does not!