Where’s Bruce Wright (bcwawright)? | FerrariChat

Where’s Bruce Wright (bcwawright)?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ShineKen, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Anyone heard from Bruce? Direct contact with him? All I have is his email. Long time Fchat/355 contributor. He did speak of a car accident injury he was going through for a few years. Just wanted check-in.

2. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Recently, I was thinking the same thing Ken. I checked his profile and it has been a while since he posted anything. Hope he is doing well. I enjoyed his and Dave Helms posts. It’s too bad Dave doesn’t post on here any more.

ShineKen likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    His last Fchat post was in late 2018.

Dave Helms seems to posting tons on instagram and doing great. He ain’t got no time for boomers on Fchat :).

On a serious note, Bruce was a great asset to the 355 community for as long as I could remember. Always had interesting parts and interesting build ideas.

I sent him an email and have not heard back. If his health took the best of him, the least we could do is have a thread for a long time fellow Fchatter. We’re all gonna go someday, but our Fchat contributions will be set in stone until the end of time :).

4. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Had a lot of interaction with Bruce in the past. He was parting a spider actively and had health issues. I hope is well.

5. tlema

tlema Rookie

Mar 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tracy lema
    Have read some of his post....I just hope he is ok.

6. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I think Bruce is still around. He lives in Moultrie Georgia. I bought his 6000 mi Spider engine, his custom one off headers, and the last thing I got was a factory rear glove box in 2018. He along with Goth just disappeared. Bought a lot of stuff from both guys and never could contact them after 2018. Both great guys and assests to the 355 world

ShineKen likes this.
  7. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Hello 355 Fchatters....thank you Ken,Dave and all the others who have sent me personal emails asking about how I am doing.
    It is awesome to have such a great group of guys who still remember me and care...at my age it means A LOT!!!
    As most of you know I was in a head on collision which has left me permanently disabled and unable to do the things I really enjoyed...since I am no longer able to work on cars, I spend almost all my time now studying and teaching the Bible.
    Thanks again for all the great memories here in the 355 section....I have met soooo many really great people here and as a result I now have many good friends from all over the world.
    Glad I was able in some way to contribute/help out in your 355 ownership.
    Hope all of you are doing well and staying safe thru all the things that life brings your way.
    I will try to stop in from time to time just to say hello....

Mmckee, 308 GTB, Qavion and 19 others like this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Good to know you're alive Bruce! We all can have a change of heart when it comes to our passions. That's ok. Just thought it was weird you just "disappeared." We suspect the worst, but hope for the best. Just wanted to make sure a long time fellow Fchatter wasn't forgotten. And thank the person who revived one of your old threads :).

Julia, jimmym and albert328gts like this.
  9. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Glad to see you are ok Bruce. Nice to see a post from you. :)

fatbillybob likes this.
  10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I think Goth is cooking up things in his carboratory. The professor only comes up for air once in a while. He sees his shadow then goes back to work. He is a local stooge so we get an update every now and then.

11. tlema

tlema Rookie

Mar 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tracy lema
    Glad you are ok.I

12. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Glad to hear Bruce is OK. I too am one who gets value from his posts.

Not to thread jack, but it’s on topic - does anyone know what happened to FandLCars (Rick)? I’ve tried some IMing in the past but looks like he dropped off a while ago with no return.

13. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Great to hear from you Bruce. Be safe and well. God Bless

14. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Always in my thoughts sir

That's a very good book :)

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Rick disappeared years ago. I was wondering that myself about 5 years ago

16. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Bruce is a good man as all have said! I talk to him weekly. Keep threatening to visit when all this COVID danger reduces enough to travel safely. He went through a very difficult period but came out stronger!