The edge of the frit on my rear glass is deteriorating. | FerrariChat

The edge of the frit on my rear glass is deteriorating.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by SamyB, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SamyB

SamyB Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Samuel
    Hi guys,

First of all, I have an Alfa Romeo 4C, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere regarding this. I'm posting here because I feel Ferraris could have the same issue. Perhaps you guys have a fix.

As you can see, the bottom frit on my rear engine glass is deteriorating. It seems dumb to replace the whole glass for that little thing. However, I'm not going to lie. My OCD is off the chart. I don't like seeing my car looking like this. Is there a way to fix this without replacing the glass?

Thank you,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    When the glass delaminates, its time for new. Never seen this type on a Ferrari before (seen other types) What do the Alfa 4C forum owners say?

3. SamyB

SamyB Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Samuel
    They are clueless. So far, everyone is telling to get a new glass. I mean I will, but the glass is in perfect condition otherwise. Such a shame.

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Stuff happens on occasion. Even if there was some way to inject adhesive into the area and reclamp it, I am sure you would be able to see the repair and it would continue to bother you.

5. SamyB

SamyB Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Samuel
    Thank you for the feedback and the F355 is an amazing car. You must have a blast driving it.

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    It was, long gone now...moved on ;)

7. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You should be able to get this covered under your glass insurance. It's still considered "damaged". Back in the 80's, I had a 1986 Mustang GT, and the rear defroster got damaged somehow, and I lost a few strips on the heating element. I called the insurance, and they covered it for no deductible. I would call your insurance company