Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, but Vettel is a driver in decline !

DGPF likes this.
  2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

George Russell is the one to go for, in my view. He is a dark horse on the drivers' market.

He has a very good résumé from the lower categories; better than Albon, Norris, Giovanazzi and several others.
    At Williams, he was immediatly faster than Kubica, never blamed the team or complain.
    He would come very cheap probably (he only got £160 000 last year), and probably would get on with Leclerc - same generation.

Adrian Thompson, Robb and 2003Enzo like this.
  3. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    I agree. Russell is already a mature racer in and out of the car. He could be a serious title threat at the right team.

Nembo1777 and Robb like this.
  4. barkanddex

barkanddex Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Natalie
    Ladies estrogen is going into overdrive. Imminent announcement per a few sources it will be Sainz. Frankly, I’ve really seen Ricciardo seem to decline in his brief tenure at Renault, and not all can be blamed on the car. Unforced errors and lack of concentration it seems to me. I’m glad it’s not him. LeClerc has taken the role of driver seriously, engages well with the fans, and will do well with a fresh teammate.

NeuroBeaker, VPX and Boomhauer like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I like this pairing. Bottas also has Mercedes knowledge and experience. Valuable to Ferrari as noted in the press. I think they would be a good team and both fairly young still. Something new at Ferrari.

barkanddex likes this.
  6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Clearly the choice for his replacement is Alonso ;)

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Why would Bottas move to another team to be a wingman again? Lol, might make sense for Ferrari but not Bottas. I see him more motivated to to leave for another team to have equal status e.g. if Sainz leaves McLaren or if Ric leaves Renault.

If Ferrari needed a dependable and experienced #2, getting Kimi to return is more likely than Bottas joining Ferrari.

I still don’t see the Sainz going to Ferrari. 99% sure it ain’t gonna be him.

Bas likes this.
  8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's sad. But Seb really brought this upon himself. I've never seen a WDC make so much of errors in such a short span of time. The spinning out by himself was really crazy.

The last season especially, he looks so jaded, so stressed out and depressed. He clearly could not handle charles at all.

I hope Ricci comes in, or even the Hulk. Perez will be busy taking out Charles, while Carlos Sainz didn't really drive any out of this world race.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The Hulk would be the COAT ,just wow.

375+ likes this.
  10. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Why should Ferrari take him? Besides his obvious toxic atmosphere, he couldn't handle a rookie years ago. And he never recovered from that. And now its deja vu all over again. Fred is talented, and deserve to be a 5x WDC at least, but he has a major attitude problem.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No one considering Stroll?Ex Ferrari Academy driver..

Paps can throw in $100 mio or more..even Ferrari might be tempted to 'do a Williams'

Fchat F1 section would go from lock down into meltdown:eek:

stavura, Isobel, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

ThermoNUCLEAR - Melting LOL

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    He beat a common teammate in equal equipment in the form of Raikkonen in more devastating fashion than Seb ever did...and Seb had a better developed car to boot.

so if you think Alonso is sh*t than hey, newsflash, Kimi and Seb are objectively proven to be even sh*ttier in direct comparison.

Which other WDC currently still racing would be available to hop right into the Scuderia with little to no ramp up?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Kimi

15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Its an obsolete sport driven by a bunch of has-beens and never-wills. The smart manufacturers won't be back in 2021...and they just throw crap on the track for any races in 2020. Ferrari might as well bring back Maldinado. Hamilton might get a give away 7th title from any destruction derby's the FIA uses to fill out this season. Otherwise he can spend his money for the next fifty years and that will be it. Leclerc came along too late in the day...just bad breaks, there won't be an important championship around for him to win. Same with Max. There is nothing worth winning for any of the mid-pack teams and they'll be smarter saving their sponsors money and going into fast food franchises. Alfa as a brand is almost as dead as Lancia. Renault should fold and sell themselves to Citroen. Mercedes might decide to fight Porsche and the Asians in e car racing...but only as a tv series with pop stars for singing drivers. Alonzo and Kimi and Bottas should go into the Swag business. Its over guys.

DGPF likes this.
  16. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Please indicate in my post where i ever doubted Alonso's talent. Newsflash: read, and understand the post before jumping put of your skin first mate.

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Good riddance. Too many mental errors and choking under pressure in recent seasons.

I like Ricci or Sainz. Always been a fan of Alonso's racecraft, if he had Vettel's car from a couple seasons ago he would have bagged another WDC.

Any of the 3 is an improvement over SV IMO.

DGPF and 375+ like this.
  18. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Sainz informally confirmed by various public news sources. To be announced end of this week, according to the news.

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Sainz is the right move for Ferrari.

A change of culture at Maranello as they usually opt for experience over youth but with
    the likes of Verstappen, Albon, Russell, Norris on the rise, it makes sense to take Sainz
    who is now a seasoned driver but still young enough to grow into a new role.

It would be interesting to see Russell in a competitive car to see what he's capable of doing.
    He seems like a very canny young man but as far as not complaining, blaming the team or
    the car, check out the Netflix series "Formula 1 Drive to Survive", the episode dedicated
    to Williams, in the team debriefs Russell is very forward with complaints about the car
    while the rest of the team, including Kubica, sit stone faced Russell launches into a detailed
    explanation of what the car is doing and what is needed to improve it.

Obviously, the kid's frustration boiled over and he let loose but perhaps it may have been exactly
    what the team needed as it wouldn't be surprising that Nigel Mansell did the exact same thing
    at Williams.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sainz-replace-vettel-ferrari-2021/4791668/

BHW

Nembo1777 and Boomhauer like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Accentuate the positive . . .

SirPouyan and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  21. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
  22. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I see Sainz as a #2 like Bottas. If Ferrari had been dominating like Merc, going that route makes sense to keep clear team directives. However, since Ferrari is not in that position, they should put the best driver available in the seat left by Vettel (to go for the constructors championship), that is not Sainz.

I also think Vettel will consider retirement after this. As he stated, he doesn't need the money, has a family now, and I don't think he would be a good #2 driver anywhere (nor would he want to drive an inferior car). Also, who would want him at his salary compared to some of the younger talent available?

23. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I don't understand this at all.

First, why would anyone who could get the better part of $20 million a year decide to work for free?

Second, do you think Mercedes is waiting on a great driver to say "Hey we will work for free?"

Third, driver salaries are a fraction of the total costs for the company, so why have someone work for free. I don't want free employees because they have no commitment or responsibility.

I just don't get why this was written.

william likes this.
  24. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Please, even in jest . . . do not suggest that!

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A company like Mercedes would probably not hire an ageing ex-WDC who now wants to drive for free because he can't find a job.

It's a matter of prestige.

DGPF and F2003-GA like this.