812 VS Rumors | Page 58 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    This is the standard 812

2. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    What is the 812 vs code name ?

3. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    No idea it hasn’t yet be announced. But that code name in the picture is the standard 812 stands for modified F152VS so modified f12 tdf

4. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    F12 TDF is F152vs ?

5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    F12 is F152 and tdf is the VS of the F12 so i would think that F152VS would be the tdf but best for someone who owns one to confirm

6. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    thx!

7. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    And 812 is F152M, so F152VS-M should be....

Tapatalk @bah-L09

8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    812 is F152VS-M

9. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I got confirmation from a major dealer that order take on the 812SF has been closed for some time.

LMH likes this.
  10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Not sure what your agenda is by making this false claim on multiple threads, but suffice it to say, you're WRONG at least within context of USA.

gliazzurri and JTSE30 like this.
  11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    As per my reply o a different thread i made it clear i got the confirmation from a reputable dealer in the UK.another member confirmed he was told the same. I dont know about NA as i said I’m UK based and share what I know here in the UK. I appreciate you may not be interested and didnt mean to offend but other members asked more clarity on this topic so I thought sharing some colour would be appreciated. Again no agenda here other than enjoying my 812! just trying to share some meaningful info to the best of my knowledge

12. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    US dealers still taking orders on 812 SF.

gliazzurri likes this.
  13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I was told this by my dealer yesterday, "ferrari saw 812 prices dropping so cancelled future 812 production and no more will be delivered past July" I replied but isn't that as the whole order book dried up due to GTS and they said no it was as they saw prices softening so much they wanted to protect values. I don't think the dealer it telling the whole truth, guys what do you think?

LMH likes this.
  14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    ROFLOL - Protect values :) Sure - Ferrari is not a charity - no orders no production - simple maths

PTG1 likes this.
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Totally agree, I'm very surprised dealers try to spin things so hard though

Shack likes this.
  16. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I think there’s a bit of both. For sure no more demand or very little as people at least here in the UK see cars sitting with dealers at discount a clear sign of oversupply. On the other hand F know that they need to limit the damage to keep the confidence of its clientbase which has been hit hardly since it went public. Keeping supply will only destroy residuals and discourage anyone who isn’t already from buying new

17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    As far as GTS is concerned i heard it was actually that strong on pre orders and criteria to get has loosened.

18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Was NOT that strong sorry typo

19. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    there is probably also a dealer aspect....i doubt any dealer made any money on pre-owned 812....and they keep piling up in the basement...just not sustainable to run a business as a dealer....looking retrospectively it's amazing to see how much collateral damage has already occurred over the last 12 months (it's not just 812, 488GTB, Lusso etc)

McL looks to be in real trouble...after they raised £300mm equity in 1Q...they are now trying to raise another £300 in debt (secured by the HQ and historic car collection)...their debt trades at 60% aka distressed levels....just shows how short term focus might lead you into real trouble

of2worlds, PTG1, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  20. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione

21. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Wait, are you saying your dealer is taking new orders on 812 SF? That would be a shock.

22. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Yes it’s true. I guess you are shocked.

23. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Good to know. Can you tell us which dealer? In the US?

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    All USA dealers can still order an 812SF, no restrictions at this time...the only real unknown is if GPF will be included in USA cars...

gliazzurri likes this.
  25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Austin has sold both of the two they had when I ordered mine in January. I don't think they are by any means piling up. I think the existing inventory will be bought and not many more will be made. They will probably switch to mostly GTS production but that also means GPF which is a turn off to me. I am very disappointed by the sound of the ones that have been posted with the GPF.

The top down is a great thing on this car but the GPF negates a lot of that and then it loses storage too. I can't see ordering a GTS to get the top down when it's not an exclusive car. It will be like the 488 Spider and the problem is that the F8 Spider will offer it competition since it will be less expensive and probably sound almost as good. The deadening of the sound by the GPF is a real buzz kill.

I doubt anyone will order one with the GPF here in the US. I only ordered mine because I was assured that any US bound 812 produced as 2020 models would not have GPF. I think the window on getting a 2020 has closed.

of2worlds, Thecadster and mepassione like this.