The $45, 000.00 clutch for a California???? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The $45, 000.00 clutch for a California????

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by David Charles, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Let me get this straight.
    You prefer the regular Cayman - the 4 pot turbo Cayman over a Ferrari? M'kay...
    Had you said GT4, then I understand. But the current turbo four banger? Just so confused.
    I'm actually a big Cayman fan, but I find the 718 utterly dull and bland.
    Sorry. This one I just don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SpencerMarks and JLF like this.
  2. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    Ok I'm back, it's been two months of driving the Porsche Cayman and I just love it! The power, speed, and handling are terrific! And I am enjoying the worry free driving with the four year Porsche warranty. I consider the purchase a huge success.

And now, crazy as it sounds I am back looking at Ferraris to have in addition to the Porsche. Now that I have a solid daily driver sports car, I am actually looking at a 1980s era 308. A Ferrari that would spend most of its time in the garage, that's true. I have always loved that car, I still think it's one of the most beautiful Ferraris. I am looking seriously at this one right here:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ferrari/308/etobicoke/ontario/19_10928077_?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=1_6_0&sprx=100

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My personal experience with the 308 is that it was a hoot to drive and people loved seeing the car, but it was too old and primitive for me, not to mention under powered. It's also a PITA at parking lot speeds because the steering is so heavy. Glad I had it if for no other reason than it made me realize what I really needed was a 360 manual. Much more entertaining to drive and much more civilized to me. YMMV, as they say.

4. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    That's all I needed to hear, LOL. Thanks! I'm going to drive it and see what I think. At that price I'll probably pick it up just for kicks.

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Be sure to have any older ferrari checked out by a competent tech who knows the cars. The dealer may not be the best place for this either.

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Is a Cali considered "older"?

7. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    Yes, thank-you. There is a good place in Ontario for this, but they have a 308 for sale, and the owner is very insistent that I buy his. I like the one on auto trader better. I have found that people in the high end car business like to get their way. If I roll in this 308 for a check, I can just imagine what he'll say.....

tbakowsky likes this.
  8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you read a bit back..he bought a Porsche, but is considering also adding a 308 Ferrari to his collection. The Cali is still considered relatively new in comparison I would think..

BLAMPEE likes this.
  9. David Charles

David Charles Karting

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Boddington
    Yes, a California is practically a new car compared to the 308! My biggest concern is....will I have breaks in a 35 year old sports car? :)