'05 GTO @ $20k? | FerrariChat

'05 GTO @ $20k?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by It's Ross, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I see some asks around that number for low mile examples but am wondering if any SELL at that price.
    A friend has asked my council in selling his.

2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Depends. Auto or manual, miles, mods? LS1 Tech is a great place to see what these are truly going for. I would think that would be a little on the high side. Question is how bad does he want to move it?

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Thanks Eric, hadn't thought of LS1tech, I'll have a peek.
    How bad does he want to sell? The owner has lost interest, now has the itch for something 60's. Until something else is squarely in his sights he'll want all the money, whatever that may be. Once he has drawn a bead on another car he's likely to bend over. He's asked me to protect him from himself.

4. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Sounds like anyone of us don't it. I think if he got an offer in the $17-18k range provided its in great condition and has the basic mods then he should jump. These cars are not in demand for a reason which is the same reason they did not sell well to begin with. Another thought is to take it to a consignment shop like Fast Lane for max exposure.

5. Dbl_D718

Dbl_D718 Rookie

Mar 2, 2019
    Only the nicest and low mile examples are even asking $20k or more. If his fits into that category, he might want to try asking as much at first to gauge the interest. Otherwise, there are plenty available for $10-15k that he'd be competing with.