430 - Tie rods, anything special? | FerrariChat

430 Tie rods, anything special?

Discussion in '360/430' started by PCarRI, May 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    So I have the 430 at my Indy for a couple things I wasn’t overly comfortable doing and he mentioned the tie rods and boots should be done. That I feel more comfortable about, especially since there’s a good vid and an Aldous post on the rods. Anything special I need to know about the rods or boots?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Very straight forward. Depending how careful you are measuring everything before and after, you may need an alignment check. Tough, I'd say if your Indy already has the car in the air, he shouldn't charge you more than an extra hour.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You can replace the ends with oem or the hill engineering stainless bits. The oem bits on mine only lasted 7000 miles so now hill stainless

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If Hill makes a replacement, ALWAYS go with Hill. No exceptions.

Bigilo, Nuvolari and RANDY6005 like this.
  5. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Plus the Hill ones are like 1/3 the price, so DEF going with them. Plus between the the indy giving me the parts at the same price I can get them for from Ricambi and after that and providing the alignment (which I'd need anyways) it's only like $200 in labor, which is more than worth it.

Thanks a bunch guys!

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Agreed. When a Hill Engineering part exists, it’s generally because the originals are rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. bobby355

bobby355 Karting

May 21, 2009
    Do all of your ball joints as well. Just about every f430 and 360 out here needs them. Super easy to do and hill has a solution.