Boxer window lift cable replacement | FerrariChat

Boxer window lift cable replacement

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Ludwig, May 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
    I have a partially frayed cable on one of my door lifts for the Boxer and I assumed it whould not be too difficult to replace. The problem is the disassembly of the actual spool mechanism. I need to have access to both sides to route and secure the cable and i don't see an obvious way to remove the winding drum from the worm gear drive. It looks like it should separate and slide off the shaft seemingly parting where there are toothed connections. I tried gentle persuasion but am reluctant to be more aggressive if i am missing something obvious.
    Really appreciate any advice. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    put the wire around the drum and fix it with 1 or 2 wide cable ties that the wire will not move always

3. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
  4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    The black disc is a spring washer. I use a press, you can use a vise and a socket to clear the shaft then remove the snap ring.