Track Use Comparison: 675LT/ 488 Pista/ GT2RS MR | FerrariChat

Track Use Comparison: 675LT/ 488 Pista/ GT2RS MR

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rmitchell248, May 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey guys I started typing up a big post as a response to many of the questions I’ve gotten here about some of my cars that I use on track. Often it was GT2 vs Pista At a certain point I just decided to make a video as it was easier for me to do it that way.

I hope it sheds a little light on these 3 cars and how they stack up as I ONLY use them on track. Not one road trip use for any of them so to speak.

If you guys have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Could tell you lots of things from maintenance to reliability etc. I could also go into more detail about Pista and GT2 or any other cars. I just figured we were at 30 minutes so it should stop there ;-).

488 Pista vs. GT2RS vs. 675LT

lamborarri, DoctorV8, ktu and 15 others like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Excellent video Robert. Appreciate the expert analysis and opinion.
    That the old 675LT is still such a beast compared to the Pista is a testament indeed.
    Love the name of your company ;)

3. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

Thank you! For being 4 years old the 675 really holds its own against the more modern and more powerful cars.

4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Thanks Robert - really informative.

BTW: Have you had a 600LT and if so any comments on that for the track?

rmitchell248 likes this.
  5. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    yes we have done over 1000 ring laps with the 600LT, 1000 with the 675LT and 1800 with the 720s. I will do a write up on those if you guys like :)

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    600LT (spyder?) I would find interesting.
    Back in the day did you try a 360 CS?

Shack likes this.
  7. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Count me in for that review. :) ;)

By the way, I enjoyed your videos on the Pista coupe and the changing of the suspension set up.

Picking up my Pista spider this week and looking forward to the new revised suspension set up that I asked my dealer to do to match your set up on your coupe.

Thanks for your insightful reviews, I watch all your YouTube videos. Great job.

uhn2000, Shack and Jo Sta7 like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I really appreciate your write up. thank you. please do share about 600LT with 675LT and 720s

Shack and tekaefixe like this.
  9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Hi Robert! Please do tell us about the 720s and it’s performance on track compared to other cars and reliability since macs are always criticized for being filled with problems from factory.

thank you!

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. Awesome stuff.

Thank you sir.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Good stuff Robert. Your on track videos are impressive.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great stuff Robert.

13. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Great write up. Thanks for sharing about this. I will be going to the track this weekend!

14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Thanks very much Robert - really keen to get your views on the 600LT (Spider if possible)

15. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yeah I am looking at one of those as well.. nice car!

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Deals on preowned 600LT's are incredible. Basically 1/2 the price of a 765LT and 8/10th's of the performance. I would opt for roof scoop and Senna seats.

17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Spider gents :)

Been trawling youtube and very hi praise for the 600LT

18. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    THANKS ROBERT!!!! What brake pads are you using on the Pista? If stock pads...when they wear out will you stay with stock ...which are super stupid expensive or go with something like Paid RSC1 or RSC2 which are suppose to be like the stock pads, for carbon ceramic rotors and slightly better than stock?

19. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Mike, you might want to private message or direct message him. I don't think he will answer on an open forum. (I know Robert pretty well).

Different warranty/legal issues in his part of the world if you go away from OEM.

mdrums likes this.
  20. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Thanks exoticcardreamer....appreciate it!

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Robert...here’s one that would be great for expert opinion and experience...The Aventador SJV crushed the Ring record, but we all talk about how it drives old school and is “more looks” than driver. As someone who drives the Ring a lot in these cars, how does the AV actually fare, and why isn’t it on your list?

Thank you.

Ash Patel likes this.
  22. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dustman, I’m not into starting internet drama but if I’m honest I 100-% do not believe that the SJV actually went that fast. As being someone that does drive the ring a lot and has seen / Driven so many cars there was something not right about that whole thing....

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Appreciate you staying away from the drama. Not worth it. Your opinion and experiences being relayed here are valued

LVP488 and mdrums like this.
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Wouldn’t surprise me. Appreciate the comment.

25. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Most sincere thanks for your fascinating observations. I can only imagine what it's like to have regular access to the ring. My solitary experience there was when we took European delivery of a big ol' Mercedes S550 and ventured there on an open day (TouristFarten or something like that). I was so overwhelmed with the Mad Max atmosphere that I was literally shaking, and quickly learned that an S Class Benz is not the right tool for the occasion. I ended up driving like Grandpa Jones and mostly just trying to stay out of the way.

Your observations are especially helpful as they strike me as being quite objective and honest, backed by real-world experience. Certainly, it enriches all of us when people are willing to share their thoughts. Thanks again.