488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 51 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Just quickly looking at that silver car there are several "options" not listed in guesstimated cost.

First is what appears to be a yellow stripe on inside door carbon. Then there is the yellow accent between upper and lower dash. Stripe on seat center was >1K on my spider. Yellow stitching throughout also an additional fee. Shields not listed. If dealer info is correct, and interior is blue alcantara, other costs may be associated with it. Meaning any blue NOT on seats is an up-charge. Only black is "free". Plus, I have not looked closely enough at Pista to know if they charged extra for alcantara in places that usually have a "technical" fabric like on Speciale. No pics of engine bay so who knows how much carbon is there.
    I guess there could be anywhere from 10-20K or more that we don't "know" about.
    Best

2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The yellow on the door is a standard leather strip. All of the yellow on the interior is standard, no cost. You could have blue, red, yellow, or black leather accents and stitching. Also, shields, miraculously, are a no charge option on the Pista. Appears to have alcantara floor mats and lower area instead of the apollo bright fabric, but the seats are standard configuration.

Randyslovis and SoCal to az like this.
  3. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I take that personally. :)

Solid State, LARRYH and Gh21631 like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  5. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Silver is a stunning pista colour. Light metallic colours really show off the lines, it also contrasts beautifully with the "black" carbon. Ferrari agrees, given this was the other colour choice at the Geneva launch.

I initially fell in love with the red pista, but the more I looked at them, the more I liked the silver one.

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1256 Shadowfax, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Not at all. Unlike some here, ive actually driven both - and for long enough - and know what both cars are all about, so feel qualified to offer my thoughts and opinions even though they have conflicted with certain others who have NOT driven both.

There’s the big difference right there wrs! And fwiw i like the f8 - is a beautiful package - and will likely buy one for my wife (spider) in the not so distant future. But even once owning one I’m not going to delude myself which of the two will be seen as the more potent or held in higher regard, or, hold the superior longer term value. Both are good units - which i have aknowledged - but each enough different for what they were made to do and the level of emotion each evoke.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Other than that Pista not being resale red, I think the wheels are not helping the sale. Gold wheels are not common for a reason imo. It otherwise is very close to the launch spec car. Silver looks fantastic on it like the launch car with carbon wheels in particular.

dustman likes this.
  8. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    'Resale' red died a death years ago.

Cigarzman, Gh21631 and wrs like this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I have yet to own a resale red Ferrari.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Avia11 likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Never seen a red Ferrari I didn't like. But some brands look better in some colors and not that suited to others. For example, the 765LT looks stunning in Curacao Blue but I would not spec that color on the F8.

Rrr1 likes this.
  12. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Not all reds are created equal. I think anything metallic works great to bring out the Pista lines. I like the silver and grays too.

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Red Ferrari is a safe bet, nothing wrong with it at all just not my preference. I agree on the Curacao Blue on the LT, that is what I preliminarily spec'd.

14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I went with smoked white. I love the glossy carbon against the chalk on my 2RS, with a splash of colour from the brake calipers and interior stitching seat belts. I’m attempting to replicate that look on the LT.

I’m personally not a fan of metallic blue on aggressive cars (sorry Shmee!).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I made sure my only one had a matte black roof. So wasn't standard resale red;-)

wrs likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My wife loves red cars. Had 2 Boxsters in red and a 997 C2S cab.

Rrr1 likes this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    /\
    This looks fantastic. Fortunately for us they make more than one color.

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    what is the color on the LT here? i love it

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I know that car it looks great I believe the list is 449 on this car .. I made an offer of sticker price for this car back in march I feel certain the list is between 445 and 449 or so .. I was actually surprised they did not call me when the priced dropped ....now that I think of it is saw the car in December and in march this dealer is not far from my Florida condo..by the way the car is owned by the dealer

wrs likes this.
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It’s one of the three new colours McLaren launched for the LT called Smoked White. It’s similar to Porsche’s chalk (but a little lighter I believe).

McLaren press material describes it as a “pure white base with a touch of a smokey, grey ceramic hue”.

Bundy likes this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Ash Patel, Andynyc, uhn2000 and 5 others like this.
  22. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Great, now I want a McLaren....

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    technom3 likes this.
  25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well then I added up all the options correctly. I came up with about $449k for the MSRP. So it will sell below MSRP more than likely. It's a nice car.

Gh21631 and LARRYH like this.