C8 CORVETTE | Page 15 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    looks amazing with roof wrapped black! fantastic

sainthoo and TheMayor like this.
  2. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I was able to see one of these up close and personal. It is truly a beautiful car. I still think my 360 has better lines, though, and I MUCH prefer the simpler and less crowded interior of the 360. My wife, however, likes the Vette. We'll see if the desire is still there once the newness of the design wears in a few years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    If we compare the C8 stylisticaly to a new Mclaren the vette is a winner. If we compare it to the NSX the vette is a winner.

Compared to the F8 or Hurrucan not so much.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I actually feel it is closest to a lambo stylistically with the sharp angles and cut outs everywhere. I prefer it to mac due to normal doors as I find butterfly ones embarrassing. Audi still has the bathtub look of old porsches. Equal to nsx in tier below all time champ ferrari

5. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Yeah, it looks like a Chevy.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Like I said before they married a Ferrari 360 Modena with the C7 and sprinkled in some Aventador - then caved and added a Camaro rear end.

Its not "original" in its styling. Its a mish mosh of other familiar looks. But that doesn't make it unattractive. Its just not as unique as it could have been if they had a free hand. But there was no way GM marketing was going to take that risk on something they spent so much money and time on.

Its a mass market car. You make styling compromises to appeal to the widest base: Fewer people love it but fewer people hate it while most in the middle find it "attractive enough" to buy.

bigblock427, SAT4RE, BJK and 4 others like this.
  7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    only question that matters re styling is, 'does it look better than a cayman?' the answer is yes

TheMayor likes this.
  8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Even Lamborghini didn't have any trouble applying "roundish" tail lights on the Sian. Shame on you GM!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JohnnyRay likes this.
  9. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Said no one ever...

I've seen 4 of them on track at willow springs in the last month (one red, 3 white). They look good but don't get ahead of yourself in the styling department.

10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The NSX hard to tell which end was supposed to be the front, its car apparently not styled at all.
    . The 720 front end what were they thinking.

Yes its aGm product, yes the rear is camaro but If the vette had the 720 front end or looked like the NSX there would be howls of anguish.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I like all the intro exotics style other than mc doors

MK1044 likes this.
  12. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Styling, especially rear is not perfect. I like front, sides are okay if you body color those intakes.

Now, performance/driving this thing is a clear winner. As good as a 600LT, not quite, but shockingly close. Z06, seriously, what the heck is that thing going to do? For what $85K to start and $100K OTD? Ridiculous performance, good styling for a bargain.

13. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    NSX in person is way different than in photos. Haven't seen C8 yet but I would probably slot it below NSX. Neither is an F8 which is gorgeous

pearsonhaus and Face76 like this.
  14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NSX and C8 were side by side at Laguna Seca last year. C8 was a smash hit. NSX coundnt get an Amen.

15. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    C8 my next DD.

TheMayor and F2003-GA like this.
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    My plan is wait for z06 with the screaming na dohc motor. If it comes out as expected, should be better overall package than turbo f8

italiafan and sainthoo like this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting, I think the Mc doors are its cool party trick. Also like that the seats are both close to the centerline, says a lot about concept and intent, as opposed to say the vette where you're sitting on an outrigger. Course the vette avoids the high sills so lardasses can get in an out but the compromise is that large centre tunnel structure.

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Oh I agree doors are cool but if use car around town, little embarrassing being seen getting in and out at work, store, restaurant, etc. Great at track, car shows, etc though.

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I see the 600Lt as a completly different animal. That CF structure is going to be way stiffer and its nearly 500lbs lighter. To the extent either car goes to a track its very different and I wouldnt compare the current C8 vette to the 600lt. Mclaren to me is more of a tight piece/weapon.

On road its more a subjective view. As a car to drive on road most days, the vette probably works better. Plus have not heard a 600lt in the flesh, but all the other maclarens engine sound is more like flat blare, maybe noisy but pretty lame.

Ill also say that the Maclren electronic systems are pretty intrusive on track (570) once you get near the limit and the car is always trying to work around you which is a drag. Friend had the same issue with a 570Gt4, they eventualy scrapped the plan of racing it because it was so hard to work around the systems. particularily the yaw sensor. Had the same issue in the exige v6 , but there it was easy, simply unplug the sensor, on the maclremn that freaks out the cars brain.

Like others I'm waiting to see what the z06 vette comes out like. There are two ways it can go. C6 z06 where they pulled out all the stops got it down to 3150 lbs a great motor etc and accepted lower sales and made the zr1 for those who love paper specs. And we have the C8 expample, develop the chassis, put on weight, add more power to compensate, great specs, still a dog that dont hunt. Hard to say which way theyll go,

Of the C8 z06 if they take the view that say a porche Gt3 is a halo car even thought he GT2 and Turbo are "fatser" then a fully honed z06 could come in way lighter than a regualr C8 with the quad cam Na 650 hp motor, that could really be something. C8R looks fabulous hope they go all the way on the z06, ie no frunk use that space for aero as with the c8R flared fenders etc. Bolted in roof for stiffness and loose weight, the talent is there but will Gm let them do it. .

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yeah most exotics are so arriving in and show, so in that context the doors and noisy exhaust blare work. Saw a black aventador comming down 684 yesterday, thats the right idea if you want to move in your exotic, go all stealth.

For work store etc a vette or porche are unbeatable.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mine as well. Seems to be a good GT so I intend on taking it on long driving trips. I'll keep it until the warranty runs out and then find something else. Even with the depreciation its much less than any other exotic.

Its the perfect disposable exotic. Use it all you want and then hand it back to the dealer for something else.

Boomhauer and bball16 like this.
  24. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I had both a 570S and 600LT. You can disable all the traction/stability control, because I was able to do that for track days.

Different cars, but as I said, you would be surprised. The major issue is weight, as you mentioned- 600LT was more like 7-800# lighter.

25. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking. It will just need tires at some point.