The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 378 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I went to see my car today . It is exactly as I’ve ordered . Big emotion . I like it so much . Waiting for a 812 reg tag . It has GPF but we agreed to install Capristo exhaust as soon as they will be ready . But anyway they are not so bad as I thought . Little muted but not bad . Anyway I asked them and you can still order a 812 SF . The new you they stopped any order for a new 812 SF is a fake

Attached Files:

of2worlds, stavura, TSOYBELIS and 7 others like this.
  2. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Congrats on your new car!. Did they have a nonGPF 812 there to compare?. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Yes there were 2 . I’ve tried to start them , really big big difference . That’s why we decided to go with capristo exhaust as soon as they become ready for the GPF version . If I will have a problem during warranty period I will put back original exhaust before assistance

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I saw my new 812 SF today and I like it so much that I cancelled order for 812 GTS . No reason to spend 120k within one year for the same car without roof . I’m in love so much with Roma design so much that I’m thinking to order one in addition to 812 Sf.

5. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    I am in the same situation as you, but my 812 is still at the dealer in quarantine. How are you so sure with Capristo exhaust it will sound like you want it?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks for your comments and congrats on the new car!
    - you mentioned a GPF version of the Capristo exhaust. Can I ask where you got the info that you need a different version for the 812? I’ve been told the rear boxes are the same (ie you can order one now, the non GPF version)?
    - I’m a little confused by your comments about how the car sounds with GPF. Initially you mentioned not as bad as you thought but a little muted. Then in another post you mentioned it was a big difference. Could you be a little more specific please... was more muffled? Quieter? Is the difference at idle or up the rev range? Etc

thanks!

7. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Nobody knows now because 812 with GPF are just delivered . I think I have to wait for a while until they study . I’m positive capristo will supply a proper exhaust system everybody can mainly use on 812 GTS . I think sound will be good enough . I would like to have sound similar to pre GPF without problems . There is a possibility to gain 10-15 horsepower .

LMH likes this.
  8. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    We discussed the item with assistance manager at Ferrari dealer . Obviously all exhaust system is not the same as before and nobody knows at the moment if the existing capristo kit will fit or not and if the result is what we ask for . I said in the past , when I compared a GTS to a pre GPF SF the difference was huge . I went there yesterday I started my car and I understood immediately it had a GPF also because when you start it it doesn’t go up so much with rev by itself as the previous one and then it reduces idle rev by itself . I confirm it is muted and at stabilized idle is really muted . As soon as you rev up a barking dog is coming but still muffled compared to version without a GPF . What I’m trying to explain there is a big difference in sound but I felt it not so bad yesterday . I’m still convinced to go with a capristo solution

9. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I have one question : if , as someone said here , Ferrari decided not taking any more order for 812 SF , why they decided to install GPF on last cars on production ? They should not install it as final series as Monza . I trust the salesman telling me they don’t have any instructions stopping any order related to 812 SF

10. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
  11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  12. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Good morning Gianfranco and congrats on the new 812SF amazing car you’ll love it! Me too i didnt order a GTS and preferred the coupe.
    To answer your question, my source confirmed again apparently F stopped taking orders globally though it hasn’t yet been made public so it could just now be a matter of time.
    As to why they installed gpf i would say to comply with regulation from 2020 like on the gts and maybe cause it doesnt make sense to produce 2 versions of the same engine one with and one without when they are pushing for gts with gpf on it.

13. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Again not something i am abke to verify but that person is usually well connected and works in car industry. Only time will tell if it’s right

14. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I agree. Let’s see what is going to happen . I don’t really care because I buy such a car because I love it and if I’ll loose more or less money I don’t care so much . You live once and if you have possibilities why not ?

15. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    True but if anything if they stopped taking orders you should be happy that you got one of the last! And that means it would have been a short cycle so that should if anything reduce future supply if you concerned about losing money! its a great car and for me a long term keeper i love mine as well i hope you will too

16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I love Azzuro California ... Kudos to the person who ordered it

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ^ Nice on the 812, beauty colour.

Bundy and TSOYBELIS like this.
  18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I now have confirmation from one the largest F dealers that order take for the 812SF ended some time ago. So that confirms what my source told me. I hope that clarifies the matter

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Not sure what your agenda is by making this false claim on multiple threads, but suffice it to say, you're WRONG at least within context of USA.

20. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Didn’t I say in the UK? As I said i got that confirmation from a reputable official dealer in the UK as well as from another source that works in the motor industry. I’m sorry if you feel offended but i thought some people were interested to know. Finally i made it clear i had no visibility on the NA market since i’m UK based and again sorry if you feel offended that info comes from a reputable dealer in the UK. So you know on another thread another member confirmed he got the same confirmation from his dealer in the UK. So there’s no need making accusations if you’re not interested to get that sort if info i truly respect that but dont I accept false accusations while I’m trying to share with members who seemed interested to know. You can always verify it by yourself i have no problem being prover wrong again sharing what i was told from 2 different sources and confirmed today by another member.

350MH83 and LMH like this.
  21. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    And i have no agenda other than driving my beloved 812 proud to be an owner.

22. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    Some dealers still have slots they are able to spec (if they find a customer), perhaps that causes some confusion. I bought mine early january and car was ready in march.

gliazzurri likes this.