a new Ferrari book is coming out | Page 6 | FerrariChat

a new Ferrari book is coming out

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    What's the name of the bookstore you're standing in?
    Looks like they have a lot of stock.

2. RJ!

RJ! Karting

Sep 3, 2014
    Dordrecht
    Full Name:
    RJ van Hulst
    Libreria Gilena International Motor Books, they even had my missing original owners manual for the GTB turbo, not a bargain but glad I have found 1 original example.

F40org and Rosey like this.
  3. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    Although I am pretty late to the party, I finally presented the book to myself for Christmas. It's easily the best gift I got, I enjoyed the reading a lot. Knowing Alberto, my expectations were already high, but I was still positively surprised about the content and the style of writing. A very cool book!

Robert
    www.308gtb.de

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you, Robert: I'm very happy to read your words. It was a long work, very hard to complete as it required a ton of time, travels and documentation, but I'm very proud of my first book.

There will be another one, maybe it will be ready next Christmas: Ferrari by Schedoni.

Ciao

robbie308, absostone and Rosey like this.
  5. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    Alberto, since I am working in design and pre-press, I can vaguely imagine the work which went into the book. Truly a labour of love, which is much appreciated by enthusiasts like us. I look forward to your next publication!
    Ciao,
    Roberto

Rosey and Albert-LP like this.
  6. ARMBARBI48

ARMBARBI48 Karting

Jan 29, 2013
    Modena Italy
    Full Name:
    Armido Barbieri
    Good book Alberto...happy new year,I think that yesterday was the birthday of the Engineer!!!....I had some problems but now it's all right...Armido...

Albert-LP likes this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi Armido! Mauro Forghieri birthday was January 13th, he turned 85. Glad to hear that you are fine!

Ciao

ARMBARBI48 likes this.
  8. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Alberto, your book is now available on Amazon Canada (soft cover), so I just ordered a copy. I am looking forward to reading it, now that I have extra time!

Cheers,
    Gordon

Rosey and Albert-LP like this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you, Gordon: enjoy the reading!

Ciao

Alberto

10. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Finally!! Got one!

Albert-LP likes this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #136 Albert-LP, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    hope you liked it: I would appreciate a review, if possible!

I don't need you say "this is the best Ferrari book in the world", but only your opinion: It will useful for the next one I will write. I have to say that the English edition is the second I did so it's a bit improved and enhanced (I think it's better than the Italian edition, that it's one year younger), but still is a "tailor made" book. A bit like our Ferrari cars are, I would say: not as perfect as a Porsche, but nice and, above all, full of Italian passion.

Thank you!

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ggbh8, eyeman1234 and Rosey like this.
  12. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Alberto,

any chance or interest in a german language edition?

Best from Germany
    Martin

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    My friend Calogero wanted to do that, as he speaks a beautiful German. But it's a huge work, probably isn't worth the effort. The English edition is not bad and upgraded the Italian one: I think we won't do another language. Maybe there will be an upgraded italian edition with new pages and new interviews

Ciao

14. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    If you decide otherwise and need a native speaker for translation, let me know.

Best Regards
    Martin

JuLiTrO and Albert-LP like this.
  15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, it's a very interesting book, no doubt; I have it in Italian, it sounds better. I have a few members of the family who are German teachers, including my aunt, but she is now 86 years old, even still very sharp intellectually (her husband is a "classical greek" teacher, still giving lessons at 90)...
    I really can't help with that matter; from german to french, yes (that ist the easiest way: I always was a lazy student...) but from Italian to German, well...every time I try to translate from one language to another without the intermedary step in french, my mind get stuck...
    Actually, just a pretext to say hello to Martin: how is it going in your neck of woods?

Rgds

16. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #141 Martin308GTB, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Hi Bruno,

thanks for asking. They slowly try to get back to normal. But it's a weird situation. I will probably never get accustomed to wearing a mask inside shops or gas stations.
    And this view on our favourite lunchbreak walk spot makes me sad (french border). The ferry is gone.
    Is Macron still "at war"? Do you know, what the French are planning regarding reopening their borders? Here in the border region the administration slowly gets impatient.

Best Regards
    Martin

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JuLiTrO and Albert-LP like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's not only a French-Germany borders problem: I can't even go to Lombardia region (whose border is 3 km from my home. I live in Emilia Romagna region, I belong to Modena territory…) and nobody knows when the regions borders will be reopened!

ciao

bertrand328 likes this.
  18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same here, Martin: borders closed. Not very clear yet, but I understand (?) it could last the whole summer...

Rgds

19. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Alberto,

I know, that Italy has the most stringent restrictions, since your country was hit that hard. But I fear, that all this will entail an economic disaster.
    I know, that politics aren't your favourite topic ;), and this is probably the wrong thread. But I also heard, that Conte slowly gets under pressure from the economy.

Bruno,

the saddest thing is, that all the work during the past decades of setting up our cross-border community - economically and socially - will get, or better said, is already damaged.

Best from Germany
    Martin

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Phase two started last monday, two days ago: all the factories are now open, Ferrari included

ciao

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes I know; I understand that the german Minister of Interior has forbidden us French to cross the border at least until May 15th; from this side, there is no date announced. I turned 60 at the end of January, and I can't remember having ever seen signs saying "borders closed". I understand this from the control of the epidemy, but this is sad. They seem to believe that your horizon is only towards the "interior" of your own country. But where I am, the closest city is Saarlouis (= 17kms); Metz is 35 kms away. If I want to go to a nice swimming pool, the best and easiest sthing to do is to cross the border and go to Wallerfangen...takes me 20 minutes...

Rgds

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That's cool , Alberto!
    (But a picture in front of Via Abetone Inferiore is cool too...)

Rgds

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #149 Albert-LP, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  25. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Albert,

I too am a German native speaker and retired so lots of time on my hands...lol.
    I think Fchatmembers fluent in German may contribute to the translation for you. It would be I treating to see the different translated versions.

Be safe in these times and thank you for your constant contributions on Fchat.

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Albert-LP likes this.