First Ferrari- F12 Build Question | FerrariChat

First Ferrari- F12 Build Question

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by nice, Feb 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    #1 nice, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    First post. New to this forum. I've been a Lambo guy for years having owned 3 in just as many years and am now switching to an f12 (first Ferrari). I've had a Huracan for 4 months but the f12 is calling me.

I've narrowed my list to three cars and would appreciate opinions on a few decisions I'm struggling with:

- Is white ext color demanding a premium? I see many black cars for sale. Few reds at higher price and even less white. White lambo's command a premium.

- Do the front engine v12's typically depreciate more the mid engine? Prices on f12s have been trending down. Do you expect these to be under $300 soon?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

2. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    Hello Nice

I'm obviously not familiar with the American market, but in terms of color , I think white would attract a premium if it was a special white ( Bianco Italia) or ( Bianco Fuji) just because you start out by paying so much more to order it.

My info after attending the GTC4 Lusso launch in Italy last week and asking every Ferrari person I met, is that F12 will be updated, just like the FF was improved into GTC4, and its happening in 2017. Could be Geneva 2017, or Paris 2017, so you will see cars in your market surly by Q1 2018 if not sooner. That is going to put pressure on F12 value for sure. How much? I'm guessing it all depends on how different the new car is.

F12 is a super front engine v12 so I wouldn't expect FF depreciation. It has also been proven to be a very reliable and successful car, you can go through the forum and see many people into their second F12 and loving it.

Goo luck to you.

Good luck to you.

3. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Get what you like. It's hard to say which colours demand the biggest premium. I think white is great for the F12, and I think Rosso Corsa don't work at all.

I'm not in the US so don't know the market first hand. Depreciation is just part of owning these cars, but if you buy used you'll avoid the biggest hit. You will however also miss the experience of speccing your own car.

As for the F12 replacement - forget it for now. With the dealer relationship system in the US along with the fact that the first cars will most likely be delivered there in the end of 2017 only to top clients, unless you buy a new "used" one at that time way over MSRP, you're not likely to see your car sometime in late 2018 or 2019.

4. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Thanks for the advice. I'll post pics soon.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Good advice above.

My thoughts are if you like white then that is what you get. If you are worried about resale just make sure it has shields and maybe the backup camera. Everything else is personal preference.

My opinion when it comes to colors other than red is you will have a more rare car but your potential market if you go to sell is also more limited... In general that means it might take more time to sell your car. Its not like you are looking at a really unusual color so you should be OK.

Yes, V12s depreciate a bit harder and a bit faster than V8s. Fastest depreciation is V12 4 seater.

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Just purchased 2nd hand a white Biano Avus (std white) with black interior and racing seats. lots of CF and black accents - looks very good. Not in US market though.

7. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Got this build

2016 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
    Exterior Colour
    Non Metallic
    External colours Bianco Avus

Exterior Options
    Additional Options
    AFS SYSTEM
    SUSPENSION LIFTER
    'SCUDERIA FERRARI' SHIELDS
    INT/EXT ELECTR. MIRROR+HOMELIN
    EXT DOOR SILL PROTECTOR SPORT

Wheels
    Brake Callipers
    BRAKE CALIPERS IN GIALLO MODEN
    HRE P101 MATTE BLACK

Tyres
    TYRE PRESSURE CONTROL
    MICHELIN TYRES
    INTERIOR

Colours & Materials
    Contrasting Stitching
    SPECIAL STITCHING (LENGTH, WID Filo speciale Bianco

Main Colour
    Internal colours Nero

Carpets
    Carpets Nero

Interior Trim
    Rear Shelf
    REAR SHELF ALCANTARA Nero

Interior Options
    Additional Options
    CRUISE CONTROL

Infotainment
    HIGH POWER HIFI SYSTEM
    SDARS ANTENNA

Rev Counter
    INSTRUMENT PANEL Giallo

Seats & Style
    Options
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST Bianco
    FULL ELECTRICAL SEAT

8. ERIC ANDERSON

ERIC ANDERSON Rookie

May 3, 2020
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric Anderson
    I'm considering a F12 with the following build. Thoughts as to if this is a good build? What is it missing?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

9. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    you need the full build sheet as there are other options not listed at the end

for me i think carbon fiber anything is a waste of money as it is just looks there is no real weight savings

rear camera, front lifter, maybe LED steering wheel for resale, the rest is gravy.

10. ERIC ANDERSON

ERIC ANDERSON Rookie

May 3, 2020
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric Anderson
    Thanks. In addition to the sticker I attached a PDF of the build spec. If I understand this correctly, the car does not have a rear camera (code PAC1). So, no backup camera at all... on a $400k car?. Seems crazy although my Turbo S (997) does not have one.

I'm not looking to spec a new 812... want to get into an F12 that has a good build that will be marketable down the road. This particular vehicle has 2k miles. Asking $220k. With Covid and the lingering financial uncertainty it would seem to be a good time to buy (lower demand)?

Thoughts

Attached Files:

11. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    I have a 2016 with 1850 miles for sale, extended warranty, Red/tan. Any interest?

12. ERIC ANDERSON

ERIC ANDERSON Rookie

May 3, 2020
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric Anderson
    Yes I may have interest. Let's start with what your looking for it and go from there.

13. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    low miles. decent build. you can add a wireless backup camera with a mirror mount that straps over existing mirror. 130 for camera/mirror and 500 install. i feel like a steal price is under 200k but keep trying eventually it will depreciate below 200k so it all depends on time/desire.