Oklahoma's Best Ferrari Mechanic | FerrariChat

Oklahoma's Best Ferrari Mechanic

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by DDD, Dec 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    I was lucky to have met one of Oklahoma's best. I have worked with the best Ferrari mechanics on the east coast and I was at a lost when I need help in Oklahoma. Fortunately, I met Nader at Authohaus in Tulsa. He was incredible, and did one of the most comprehensive PPI's on a Ferrari I was purchasing. He and his team were accomodiating meticulous, and extremely knowledgeable about Ferraris.

The website focuses on Saab but don't let dissuade you they are very capable and knowledgeable about Ferraris and other Italian exotics. While at the shop they were working on a Lambo while inspecting the Ferrari. He and his team are some of the most professional and honest guys in the business. If you need any service on your Ferrari or Italian Exotic you don't need to go any further than Autohaus. I recommend them without reservation.

Autohaus Unlimited
    1830 E 3rd St, Tulsa, OK 74104
    (918) 592-1607

2. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    That's interesting because he all but, blew me off...

As a matter of fact. I asked to have him removed from the list of mechanics in this area. So, maybe he is a great mechanic but, his customer service skills sucked....Just my opinion. Glad you got the help you needed...:>)

3. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    That's unbelievable would you share details, either here or in a PM. Did you deal with Nadar personally?

4. stevew3765

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Maybe we just didn't hit it off. It happens. He really didn't do anything wrong as we never got that far wouyld be my point. I took my car to him after I bought it for an evaluation and gave him some paper work and never heard from him is all. So, I take my car to Hill Automotive. IN Joplin, MO. I am in the customer service business so, I am a bit sensitive when it comes to that!

5. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Did you bring the 355? Did he do an evaulation or another shop? I heard positive things about Hill's from others.

6. stevew3765

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Yeah Vince Hill is my go to guy. There are very prominent people in the community outside of here that use him and who suggested I go to him. He came and picked my car up did the major service and valves for me. Then he brought the car back to me. Unfortunatly I have had nothing but bad luck with the guys in Tulsa. Speedsportz is another one to stay away from here...

7. Dishoma

Dishoma Karting

Dec 14, 2011
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Is he still in Joplin?
    I thought I saw something about him moving to Kansas City.

8. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Yes he has. Info:

Black Horse....
    20595 Metcalf Ave
    Bucyrus, Kansas 66013

Cell: 620-870-1942

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    He did move to KC. However, he has made a commitment to take care of everyone in the area. He will come pick cars up in his transporter and then deliver when done.

10. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Vince Hill is THE guy.
    Not only a great mechanic but super nice and honest. He just picked up my 77 308GTB and will be working on several cars for me.

Brian

11. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #12 deon.smith, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. stevew3765

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    That looks like a fighter jet engine!!!

13. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    It is about 6.4.

14. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Lol.

Maybe you are the problem. I know a dozen guys in Tulsa including me that have dozens of Fcars in and out of his shop.

His customer service is superb.

Remove his name from what list? Sounds like he removed you from his list. Smart move.

15. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    +1 for Nader and Autohaus. Had nothing but a great experience with him. He PPied my 360 for me as I was in Iraq at the time, and then did the maintenance and kept the car till the transport picked it up. He was always very straight forward with me and had great customer service, even though I was 10000 miles away. Sent me updates and pics of the car on request and gave me his honest opinion of the car.

16. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Nice progress Deon! Will 2014 be the year?

17. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    My cross country sprint got fubar’d at 2AM this morning near the TX / OK border when the battery light came on. A two hundred mile tow East brought me here. Guys have serious Italian hardware in the shop.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Glad you're OK. That's some serious "middle of the nowhere" action out in those parts...T

mrp_e likes this.
  19. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    And then the AAA rep says after finally securing a truck, “and how will you be getting to the shop? Per state Covid guidelines, you can’t go with the tow driver.” So, Uber 200 miles?! I went with the driver. With my mask on.

20. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
  21. Fixitsteven

Fixitsteven Rookie

Dec 26, 2011
    Edmond Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Steve Bailey
    gt1995 and mrp_e like this.
  22. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Storms? I slept right through it. Thank you again for your expert knowledge and instant help. Love your shop.

23. Fixitsteven

Fixitsteven Rookie

Dec 26, 2011
    Edmond Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Steve Bailey
    Very happy to help! (and love having a third gated 6 speed ferrari in the shop today)

Thankfully the storms went Southeast of us last night. I always pull in the itialian cars at night but anytime theres a hail risk we have to do some extra tetris work lol.

mrp_e likes this.
  24. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That line of storms blew up to our north, your south, as they crossed the Red River. We had to do F-car/P-car Tetris as well. Great looking facility...T