F8 - My First Day with My F8 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 My First Day with My F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F458Italia, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Moderators are allowed to participate in forums and interject with our viewpoints.

I'm happy to hear you meant no ridicule toward the OP and knowing that I retract my statement about your response being like @noone1 and apologize to you personally for the offense of it. As I read through this thread, I've gained additional context and admit I posted too hastily.

Thanks @Coincid

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Don’t worry Paul u are one of the best and easier to approach moderator there is;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #78 Shadowfax, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Yes I feel they both sit in the same sports luxury niche even though they look different. They sound similar, share much the same body roll and ride characteristics along with having the same general muted feel whilst still having an underlying sporty feeling to the chassis set up. Of course they both look physically different, the F8 being the more visually extroverted for those who fancy to be seen as younger or more sporty than the usual Bentley driver but there's no denying the way they both drive and connect clearly place them in the same segment being significantly more muted than the typical exotic. Of course the F8 is much faster when pushed but during 95% of the type of driving these cars will generally see the feeling is very similar through the seat and from behind the wheel and, to the ear.

And to the few here that think I'm beating up on it you are dead wrong as I would happily buy an F8 for my wife - which she says she would very much like - but I'm not going to fool myself it's the kind of car I would choose to take out for a romp up the mountains or weekend drive with friends of like mind as it simply doesn't evoke the level of thrill I would expect from a car of this nature. That said I'd be happy to run it around town or to the office if she wasn't using it as its more suited to that type of driving.

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have no F8 or Bentley, so won't be able to refute with evidences and experiences even if I wanted to. Shadow, you know you are being questioned about this assertion of yours, F8 is like a Bentley.

My question is do you have both or long sitting time in both? You may have mentioned it before.

Drson likes this.
  5. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Shadow you lost all credibility after comparing a Pista to an F40 in the other thread. 3000 posts and over a dozen about the F8 sounding, rolling, and driving like a Bentley you’re turning into a Troll. No one agrees with your assessment.

tbuff, Dicecal, plastique999 and 6 others like this.
  6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Wait a second... so you’re always defending Ferrari as if it was the second coming and you don’t own any of the products launched in the last 10 years?
    Of course you know what you’re talking about, you’re a damn expert!
    The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one...

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    it seems like some people are working hard to take over noone1's throne!

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats - looks stunning it that color and im generally not a white fan for ferraris. argento will also look stunning. the 458 is last model that captured my heart...488 was meh for me...this thing is growing on me fast but i think its gonna be a light color car and not a dark one.

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I had an F8 for 3 days as a test drive .. I thought the car was great it is easy to drive handled pretty fine to me the thing
    I noticed most was it was is very easy / sure footed feeling . it inspired confidence in driving it .. The sound on the outside while at idle was not good just too muffled but on the inside while driving it sounded pretty good.. there is one
    thing certain I would never be so confused as to think I was driving a Bentley..... I like the F8....

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    After driving the F8 over the week end IMO its is faster than our 488 GTB. The sound well its missing the burrps and prefer the open valves of the 488GTB.
    Stying its a win.
    Unless the delta is small ill keep the 488 GTB

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Answer is yes. Both feel similarly disconnected and sound very much the same to me. Anyway some of the boys are getting a bit pissy so I won't mention the B word :D. Btw, and not to rub salt into the wounds, but just did a run down the windy back roads in my 3rs and omg let me tell you, you simply cannot compare the connection, liveliness and sound in that car to a you know what - pure adrenaline!! in comparison the you know what is not even in the game. Drove Pista back up the same way....incredible!! Game over.

IloveGT likes this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    QFT

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #88 Shadowfax, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    I always though Zeus was some kind of major F car collector being so overtly pro Ferrari.

Anyway, now the cat is out of the bag, Zeus knows the rules. Pics or it doesn't exist!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Me too man! Like F40, F50 hell even an F69!
    And if you, me and other owners critique the brand it’s only because we love it and we want it to improve and not sleep on the laurels (Go McLaren and Porsche!).
    He defends Ferrari because he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
    And don’t get me started on the: oh I’ve driven newer cars. Only an owner who drives the tits of its cars knows what he is talking about, example 458 spider is amazing but shakes too much etc...

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    So between Pista and 3RS which gives you the bigger smile? Be honest, no BS!

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #91 Shadowfax, May 4, 2020
    It would be nice if you could put things into perspective and, in context in which my points were made rather than looking to glean my sentences for the purpose of constructing your own versions just because I didn't say what you wanted to hear about your F8. We all have opinions and I'm not asking for you to agree with mine. Also, at no stage did I say F40 was not iconic or is unattractive yet it seems you are quick to construct a version of events on another thread which quite clearly you (again) don't understand where I was even coming from. At least the member roma who actually owned all these cars participating in that thread knew what I was on about and didn't seek to make a fuss out of something that didn't exist in the first place. The only person looking to do so over there had an axe to grind as it seems you do as well here.

I found F8 a great car but it has VERY little mongrel in it and that is a failing for this type of car IMHO. Have you EVER even driven a Pista or a Bentley S? Now be truthful here please.

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #92 Shadowfax, May 4, 2020
    Yep I think it's time he fessed up after this little revelation. Hate to say it but it looks very Noone1'ish at this stage. I think pics would be an absolute bare minimum and with some sort of personal belonging placed on the roof so we can confirm it's just been done or it looks like game over. The evidence doesn't bode well so far. If he can't put something up then I think we have our answer.

And to answer your question. That's a tough one - will need to sleep on that. They both leave very big smiles. Let me come back to you on that if you don't mind. At the moment I'm looking at a sea of red..

Attached Files:

mkultra, mdrums, MANDALAY and 2 others like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not to jump in on Shadows response but since we are all friends here, I also have a GT3 (not an RS). Mine is .2 manual. My 2nd one in less than a year so obviously enjoy the heck out of it. Not nearly as fast as the Pista but it handles incredibly, the sound is great and rowing the gears adds to the enjoyment. If I had to pick one it would be the Pista, after all that is what I traded my first GT3 for but they each have their own appeal.

BLUESL and paulchua like this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I am glad you enjoy your Bentley ;) - joke aside, congrats again, I believe it's an awesome car; it certainly lacks the show-off factor of the Pista but is still a great design (for both look and engineering).

paulchua and Gh21631 like this.
  20. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    I see the F8 as a Pista for the street. I have a 488 GTB (rosso corsa/nero) and am adding an F8 Spider (blu corsa/crema) which I specc'd at the Atelier in Maranello just before the closedown. There's no way I would compare an F8 with a Bentley. Just the weight difference to start with, the cars are completely different in the emotions they stir.

I suppose some will be disappointed the F8 uses basically the same interior as the 458 with some tweaks but the F8 is stop-gap car until the V6 hybrid comes along and there's no way they would have re-engineered the car to take, say, the Roma interior. Speaking of which, the Roma is a stunningly beautiful car in the metal, very well resolved. There was one in the next Atelier studio and it looked so good.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Napoli, ScottS, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They are all street cars. Beautiful car BTW, nice color combo.

BLUESL and tekaefixe like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The interior of the F8 is noticeably distinguished from the 458 : steering wheel, vents, seats, center console, door layout and details etc. Congrats on the car. Beautiful.

BLUESL likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The new generic terms are track focused and street optimized or is it track useable and street comfortable

BLUESL likes this.
  24. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That F8 in white is stellar!

25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada