F8 - Order Status | Page 30 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My dealership said one tank of gas. But most important just get all fluids up to temp - as long as you do that - will be fine. No way I can keep it under 5k for a whole tank. Car is way too much fun.

[email protected] and Drson like this.
  2. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    My son and grandson with my car at the dealership....you can really see the interior leather color in the sunlight...it looks darker and more of a caramel color than beige...to me looks great with RC exterior color...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, ryalex, SECRET and 7 others like this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That looks more like it!

4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Ok I’m holding you to this it’s Sunday so post up your video from yesterday!

LMH likes this.
  5. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok – got out yesterday but the weather prevented me from having much fun. Today was much better.

Cold Start up:
    Sounds really good (I think it is a deeper tone than my 458 but not as loud). After that........well we all know the answer. Overall I am getting used to the sound and like it..........if they can only find a way to get it closer to the 458 I will probably keep this car forever.

Video of cold start:

Interior:

Not having spent more than 10 minutes in 488, everything on the dash is a major improvement over the 458. Even the radio is much better (sound) but still not where it should be for what they charge.

The entire car is so responsive in all areas.

Acceleration: So fast........and I am still taking it relatively easy. Have not mashed the pedal yet (but will soon!). I am getting some wheel spin in 1st so it will take some practice to achieve maximum acceleration . Warmer tires this summer should help but never had this issue with 458. Just that much more power. Love it. Zero turbo Lag.

Steering: This is my first lowered Ferrari so what I experienced may be both upgrades in the F8 and being lowered .....but it feels incredible. I feel like the car is laughing at me as if I am not even trying to push the car in the corners........can’t wait for the track (hopefully Memorial day weekend if they are open by then)

Braking: No surprise here – great as always. Nice to have a car that does have squeaky brakes – although not sure how long that will last.

Shifting: Unlike me 458, there is zero hesitate when shifting (almost too smooth) – I have gotten used to that in my 458 so it a little odd to not feel anything you when shift. I am pretty good at shifted by sound so this car is going to take a littlle while to adjust. It also gets to redline my faster so you have to adjust for that as well...........

I get why a lot of people say it is a lot more refined.........it is quite comforatble to drive around town. I have never driven a Pista so can’t compare – I sure certain the Pista is much more raw. The F8 can easily be a daily driver (except for getting in and out). I had to laugh – yesterrday I got back home after about 2 hour drive and had to run back out to store for gas (for lawnmover)......I jumped in my S3 and it felt like I was diving an SUV – was a very surreal feeling.

This car does get noticed by everyone. My first 458 was black (definately not as much of a head turner as my now Red 458)........not sure if it is the Blue or the F8 design but lots of comments, thumb-ups, smiles etc.........more than my current 458 has ever gotten.

Here is some driving video........took me 3 hours to figure out how to load this morning.....so don’t expect much – ha! Maybe I will get better by this summer........(ie: figure out the setting so it is not so washed out by the sunlight)

SECRET, Caeruleus11, stavura and 6 others like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When the tires are warm , there won't be any wheel spin from launch.

Jcmd and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Thanks for this. Sounds good in the video

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Beautiful Ferrari, Go Bucks!

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Don't know ,, test driven this week I took it easy but when the dealer drove it, lets say the cops would have impounded the car, it lost traction in third. It is fast , faster than the 488 GTB . His comment just as fast as the Pista but more luxurious feel.

Drson likes this.
  10. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I would agree! Sunny Fiorano track in Feb and the car was very well behaved, regardless of throttle aggression.... but only because of Wet mode :eek:

11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Finally some real Fchat owners videos! Thanks for the write up as well, looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine.

LMH likes this.
  12. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Awesome vids...thanks!

13. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
  14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Spoke to my salesman to get an update on my car, hopefully should get an update next week. This is what he told me is the latest:

“We have been ramping up with the suppliers for two weeks now and started the lines as of Monday with full on production scheduled for next week. The good news is that Ferrari SpA is working straight through their national holiday in August to make up for the lost two months”

SECRET, Glenn Quagmire and Drson like this.
  15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Coincid and Drson like this.
  16. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Fantastic! It looks amazing! I took mine out today. In Chicago is was 60F and sunny. The car is so much fun to drive and does sound great! Honestly, I just absolutely love the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stavura, jim g, buddyg and 6 others like this.
  17. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    I will driving in a few minutes....on the drive home this am it is so stable with tons of power...

18. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    LOL! It's 600 miles, not one tank.

PTG1 likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, I don't remember what thread that I speculated this would be the case but I am sure the employees would rather work this year than be on another vacation. After all, is Europe going to be open for vactionining by August? Kind of doubt it.

22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Great video thanks!

23. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    don't they need some downtime for retooling for new models/ model year changes?

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am sure they will have to do that on the fly if they really do keep it open instead of doing the August vacation. I always thought that was part of the August shutdown but obviously someone has to work during that time anyway to accomplish those changeovers.

25. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Cold start up

SECRET, PTG1, ionutand and 2 others like this.