Black matte paint on inside of bonnet and other areas | FerrariChat

Black matte paint on inside of bonnet and other areas

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, May 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So I have the typical spots where this paint is flaking. I want to touch it all up. Is there a matching “off the shelf” spray can stuff or do I need to have paint mixed and then use my touch up air sprayer?

Also was has everyone done to prep the surface. Looks like ferrari didn’t prep the surface before painting which I’m guessing is why it flakes off.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have used rustoleum satin black. What I did was spray it onto a paper plate to form a little puddle of it.

Then using a Qtip, I dip it into the puddle and carefully apply to the places where the paint is missing. The result has been fantastic and it is quick and easy to do.

3. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    I used the above mentioned black as well. Only I carefully and extensively masked the area outside the door jamb with body shop tape (green) and tons of newspaper and drop cloths, and then carefully sprayed it on. Came out great - the Rustoleum spray can allows good control of the spray.