488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 47 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    At least roma1280 gets it.

Funny how when the direction of the matter doesn't go to your favour you call for thread closure and make references to your best buddy noone1 lol. Seems noone1 died a hero as so many keep on talking about him lol. He may even prove as iconic as the F40 23 years from now.:)

PTG1 and DFT3 like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The comparison between no one and f40 is appropriate. Neither has had much time on the road driving.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    LMAO so true!!!!!

SoCal to az and Jo Sta7 like this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Witty response and valid.

SoCal to az and Jo Sta7 like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im very balanced - pista being better looking than f40? Thats a noone1 comment. Of course pista does everything better, every car this side of 2012 does and if u call the mclaren crowd in theyll all say the 675 or whatever is better than the pista...yada yada

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Pista is most certainly better looking - as I said put it to an informal public vote. I know which one I'll be placing my money on for the win.

And the way its gone since Noone1 was dispatched with everyone referencing him so frequently he's destined for the Fchat hall of fame.

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    gotta give you props. Your witty response is awesome.

PTG1 and SoCal to az like this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Looks are subjective. The F40 although older still has that super special appeal but you can argue all day long as to which is prettier. There isn't a bad line on the Pista.

roma1280 likes this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The specialness of F40 is that it came out of nowhere with wild and not seen before styling and performance. The Pista, although very well executed, is just the performance variant of the 488. They aren’t a good comparison.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The pista is nicely done. Nicest mid engine special edition since the CS.

Bundy, -K1-, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes I think there’s a lot of truth in that and props to my friend ttforcefed and his beautiful collection and his classy stripeless CS! I wish I still had mine.

12. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I agree not really like for like and the F40 was Enzo’s last car!

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thanks mark.
    i have nothing against the pista. reason i passed wasnt because of the productions numbers and i cldnt justify the money given i dont want to sell anything i have right now. if i had one id prob throw a novitec on and kill myself!

Jo Sta7 and roma1280 like this.
  14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You guys still discussing this?!
    Pista is awesome end of story, I mean look at it!!
    Since it’s not a race car the spider should be the one to own if you like that sort of thing if not go with the coupe. Both amazing, doesn’t matter if it loses money we are also loosing health every day that passes :D

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I own both and I think the Pista is very much "son of F40" from the stand point that it is the absurdity of the power that dominates the driving experience. In many ways they are different, but, after a romp in either, you are left laughing or intoxicated (you can decide how you see it) from the overwhelming power.

Bundy, Shadowfax, Lukeylikey and 3 others like this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its refreshing to get feedback from people that have actual experience vs. YouTube watchers. A friend of mine also has an f40, hopefully I get to buzz it around and see what its all about.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I also own both and I do agree although I haven’t properly driven my pista spider yet due to the lockdown.

Not all F40 stay in garages, mine passed 50,000km, she is very much alive and ready to hit the road. Like all my cars.

Bundy, Monsieur Yoge, buddyg and 13 others like this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I actually think we are at risk of under-rating the Pista right now. Yes, they pushed the prices a bit. Yes, the car market is in a difficult moment. And Yes, there are (relatively) a lot of Pista around. But, this is an incredible car. I think over time, people are going to come to the realization of just how incredible. There is a lot of depth to the Pista.

Anyway, I love driving my F40! I drive it pretty hard when I get the chance and its a great car, and @roma1280 gave a pretty good description of the F40 driving experience, I think he almost described how I like to drive it. I like to apply the power when the road is straight, and the brakes do need a lot of effort and are not really the greatest - but I find they work well enough at least on the road. The steering is super old school, lots of feel- and also lots of kickback so you have to be very aware of bumps in the road. The ride is actually pretty good and way better than you'd think. The F40 loves it if you drive it hard and slam home the gears in hard acceleration. Its just you and the car and the car is kind of like driving a nuclear powered go-kart. It handles well, you can get it to do what you want, its a lot of fun, though I find the low to medium speed understeer of the F40 to be one of my only unhappy surprises. (I supposed thats old school stability control). For me it is definitely The Legend. The Pista will never be The Legend, but, its definitely in the family and though its got a chassis to handle the power, and its not only about the power, my goodness, in terms of experience its the power that dominates...

PS- very grateful we are here to talk cars.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree with you about the Pista. Every time I take mine out I’m blown away. Look at the SF90. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire. I think it looks good but it’s gotten mixed reviews. I can only imagine that the v6 hybrid will get the same reception.
    In 5 years- Pista is going to be looked at in a whole new light.

Bundy, Gh21631, Jo Sta7 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Pista is way nicer than the SF90 in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

ppg70, Thecadster and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i agree but I think I’m in the minority that I like the sf90. Could do without the fins on the headlight but other than that, I think it’s a great looking car.

BaronM69, Thecadster and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Are there reviews of the SPF90 yet?

23. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think the SF90 is a challenging car visually because its taking several Ferrari styling conventions and then turning them on their side. Its like when your favorite music act decides to experiment with a different sound. Sometimes its very successful but the die hard fans can't escape from the things they love about what was done before. We won't know if its really successful until we have more time to see it in person and on the street. The performance is crazy bonkers. Look up 0-62, and more importantly 0-124 times for your favorite cars and then SF90 and you will see the SF90 is shockingly fast especially 0-124.

For comparison sake here are a few I have looked up.

Pista: 2.85 in 0-62 / 7.6 in 0-124

F8: 2.9 / 7.6

F12tdf: 2.9 / 7.9

LaFerrari: 2.3 !! / 6.95

SF90: 2.5 / 6.7 !!

P1: 2.8 / 6.8

Senna: 2.8 / 6.8

765 LT: 2.7 / 7.2

600LT: 2.9 / 8.2

F40: 4.7 / 11.5 (from another era.. )

Point here is the SF90 is faster than every one of these cars 0-124. That does matter. No matter how much any of us will protest, seeing how fast a car goes is one part of what grabs our imaginations. When you see a SF90 turn into a blur you won't be able but to be impressed.

racerdj, Bundy, Ash Patel and 2 others like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The SF90 is a striking car but it is not beautiful. It is not a coherent design that adheres to an continuous, flowing aesthetic that is attractive from every angle. With some minor modifications it has the potential to be stunning.

I contend that shortly after it is available, there will be an overwhelming appreciation of its stellar technical abilities and its blazing speed to ultimately attract an appreciative audience. Think of a amalgam of the Pista combined with the La Ferrari. My premonition is that the SF90 will mark the watershed for the welcoming of the hybrid new order.

Caeruleus11 and SirPouyan like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Some of these are claimed numbers, let's see real world results when the cars are released. I'll bet you the 765 is as quick or quicker than the SF and the Senna.

Shadowfax and IPO1 like this.