F8 - My First Day with My F8 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 My First Day with My F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F458Italia, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    He seems to be on a mission...

Napoli and jim g like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Should I have said Stuttgart? Or perhaps Molsheim would be more apt?

You do know what’s in Maranello?

As for @noone1 , proved my point further with your follow ups. What exactly do you find disagreeable with my commendation of Italians being gracious of my limited Italian? Or one layer deeper, mentioning my story as a call for patience toward someone where their first post, while not Shakespearean in grandeur, contained nothing offensive nor demeaning?

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #53 Shadowfax, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    I think you're struggling accepting the reality Coincid that they indeed sit within a certain niche - both being prestige luxury sports cars. Pretty certain in a year or so on from now I'll be reading some of your posts agreeing with my findings. But till then...

And Zues? In many ways Zues is a similar version of noone1 who was recently dispatched into orbit for making fanciful claims and determinations on cars he hasn't even driven - Zeus frequently basing his opinions more upon his particular loyalty to the Ferrari Brand when essentially he hasn't even experienced either of the cars in question. Zeus btw what Ferrari do you own actually? Please tell. Even a photo or two wouldn't go astray.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Perhaps long time trolls and agitators are being hit particularly hard by the lock down?

That and a full moon is coming up. I was sad when I banned @noone1 that I didn’t have another person to ‘talk’ to.

I just wasn’t expecting it to be this fast.

IloveGT likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Wow, two out of two. First @Coincid says I assume Mike is Italian, now he also can read minds as well.

@Coincid can you explain to me how my ‘like of a post welcoming a new member’ has anything to do again with one’s native language?
    &
    You’re seriously taking umbrage that you remind me of @noone1 with you last 3 posts?

Napoli and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes I don't mind the odd fox hunt. Shall I release the hounds?

ScottS and IloveGT like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yehhh

[​IMG]

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #58 Shadowfax, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Yes well the more I look at it there are a lot of similarities between Zues and Noone. They both habitually refer to empirical data, offering stats and journo reviews to support their claims. It's plausible they are both in some kind of car almanac club where they get to meet, swap car almanacs which they subscribe to and exchange imaginary experiences and opinions which they then bring to the forums.

Zues may also have acquired some type of high tech monitor/alarm system which alerts him whenever the beloved Ferrari name is put under any form of question as I've noticed he swoops down like an eagle out nowhere to defend and, attack.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This will be my last comment on this issue as it has gotten old and senile- I have driven the F8 and while I readily acknowledge it could use an added dose of adrenaline inducement, it does not drive like a Bentley and after owning it for awhile, it will still not resemble a Bentley. I find the F8 more compelling than the 488 and the 720S. I would not in any manner compare them to a Bentley.

buddyg, stavura, LARRYH and 3 others like this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My intent is not to ridicule anyone's writing skills. Many on this forum assumed that the writer's native language was not English. It was reasonable to infer from your post which included a reference to speaking rudimentary Italian at the Ferrari headquarters, that you too assumed the OP was Italian given his name and writing skills. End of story. Your derogatrory responses directed at me are completely inappropriate and especially coming from someone who acts in the capacity as a forum moderator.

paulchua likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I would agree they both appear physically different and I would also agree best let's leave it for now. You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's see if they don't happen to coincide in the future.

12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    The other day, I made a list of automotive attributes since I am trying to decide what to purchase . Hmmm, Bentley or F8. So much in common. Hard to tell one from the other. Hahaha!!

I should not make fun. I remember trying to decide between a Mini Cooper and a new F250 once. Mini Coooer won that, Since I already had a truck... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Coincid likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am not in the habit of displaying anything personal out in the open. It is an older model though, with circa 500 CV. That said, I have extensive experience both on the road and in race tracks with many of these fine machines. BTW, the Moderator likened you to noone1 (with whom I might disagree sometimes, but I would never offend, like you do), not me. In case you haven't noticed...

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Why not? You showed your jag e type. And don't be like that Zues.....I'm just ribbing you....giving you a little back. I suspect Noone1 will be used as a reference point for some years to come, as he certainly set quite a benchmark. :)

DFT3 likes this.
  15. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Holy Shi? again with it drives like a Bentley. I just spent my morning driving my F8 until I almost melted its tires off. If you think a 3300 lb mid engined Ferrari drives and sounds similar to a 5000 lb front engine Bentley you really have no clue. You sound increasingly like someone that's just pissed that Ferrari made the F8 and take every opportunity to bash it. I call BS as to whether you've driven either of them and if you did in anything other then a parking lot you obviously can't drive. Repeating the Bentley comment over and over doesn't make it true and I'd let any Bentley owner on here from Pa to drive my F8 and compare the 2 for you..

Dicecal, Drson, buddyg and 4 others like this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m in PA, swap cars for an hour :)?

17. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I’m about 6 hours from Pittsburgh and shadow would probably say it had to be a new conti Gt anyway but sure you could try it.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ya I took a look you’re about as far as it gets. Enjoy the F8 post some reviews if you can.

19. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    #69 F458Italia, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #70 paulchua, May 3, 2020
    Is the reference to the GT3 Continental? That's FIA spec, should be compared to say a 488 GT3 - then it would be a reasonable comparison.

If it is streetcars we are referring to, while I have nothing but esteem for Bentley - it would be comparing two entirely different classes of cars.

An F8 vs. a 3rd gen Continental GT?

I would find that comparison quite vexing. What was the context of said comparison? [Okay, all caught up.]

Akin to comparing a pickup truck to a say a family car - one is not better than the other, they serve different purposes.

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think I see where @Shadowfax is going now with his mention of Bentley. @Shadowfax, I assume you mean the isolation factor or newer Ferrari? I know you are no stranger to classic cars, that while much slower and worse performing, can be very visceral (i.e., like made with cardboard go-cart with an insane wound up engine strapped to it, and the whole thing feels like it might blow up anytime) Which I say all as a good thing!

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #72 paulchua, May 3, 2020
    I assume when he cites "Bentley" he refers to the luxury component. (I admit I may be wrong, it is an assumption) - If not, I agree with you @Coincid - very different cars and not apples to apples.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @F458Italia - Again, a hearty welcome from me.

I hate to be presumptuous, as there could be all manner of reasons your original post was not as straightforward as we're used to. It could have been written in haste, on a mobile device with all the inconveniences of it, or as some have speculated, perhaps English may not be your first language.

That said, as I reminded many, none of it was offensive, derogatory, or attacking any member.

I hope to hear more about your experiences.

ScottS and IloveGT like this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #74 paulchua, May 3, 2020
    My apologies. It has been a while since I've been in this coral. I'm still getting acquainted with the nuances and history.

I would agree here with @Coincid - while the Bentley Continental is a competent vehicle, I do feel it is a different breed to an F8.

However, @Shadowfax You be you.

Who am I or anyone to tell you what your own feelings from your own personal experience is on these cars is?

I did not see anything quantitative thrown out, so we're still very much in the realm of subjective personal assessment.

However, speaking personally, I do understand those that are perplexed by the comparison. I can only assume you mean it symbolically and not literally.

Akin to saying the new BMW 3 series is like a Lexus ES (context: losing their driver focus first dynamic and adding more on luxury and isolation.)

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here, fixed it ^^ for ya:
    :)
    Nothing wrong with a Bentley S. But it’s driving dynamics are not similar to an F8 on any subjective or objective metric. Clearly you insist on repeating that absurd claim, which is your prerogative.

Drson and Shadowfax like this.